So what do you plug into?

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by nsriley, May 4, 2006.

1. Shades of Blue

Shades of Blue Most Honored Senior Member

I have two many amps as it is for my liking, but they all get played.

I have a Marshall Class 5 combo and Head, which gets about 80% of my church gigging. My Egnater Rebel 20 is used for gigs with my Contemporary Christian band and when I need more headroom than the Class 5 can muster up. My Vox AC15 is my "grab and go" amp for practices and when I just want to jam.

Although I must say, the AC15 is started to get MUCH more playing time!

2. bbarott

bbarott Most Honored Senior Member

Amps are like stray cats, a whole lot easier to pick up than to get rid of. Any more my personal practice amp is a jamvox which is really convenient for just noodling stuff out. What I'm missing is a small 'grab and go' as you put it that is convenient for, well, grabbing and going. My MusicMan weighs well in excess of 70 lbs and the boogie is right there with it, both are excessively powerful and the MM in particular is just over the top. Thinking about maybe one those new 'mini' amps that are everywhere nowadays, but that'd probably be the start of a whole new gas adventure ..

b.

3. nottatexan

nottatexan Strat-Talker

I have a Mesa lonestar classic. I will never need another amp. I love it.

4. tommytele

tommytele Senior Stratmaster

current garage setup...Kingsley Keep 15 watter

Attached Files:

5. bbarott

bbarott Most Honored Senior Member

6. monwobobbo

monwobobbo Strat-O-Master

Peavey Valveking 112. had pretty good luck with this amp. plan on doing a tube and speaker swap when i have the spare cash. the stock speaker does seem to get better sounding once really broken in. as otheres have mentioned really nice clean sound and personally i've had decent luck getting good distortion tones as well ( i play a lot of hard rock and classic metal).

i also have a 1979 Legend Rock and Roll 50 2x12 which i've had forever. needs some work though.

7. Dewey

Dewey Most Honored Senior Member

My Mustang 1!
    If I feel really crazy I'll try a new pre set and wear no headphones :D

8. Moopha

Moopha Strat-O-Master

Blackheart Handsome Devil 15 Watt tube combo with Bitmoco mod soldered

When crunched it sound really Marshall-ish, but it is too loud! I use custom 'Ritchie's Sound' warm-up pedal

9. Adrian86

Adrian86 Strat-Talker

When I play at home or somewhere where the volume has to be kept low I plug into my Fender Blues Junior, Champion 600, Mustang II (mostly for recording some ideas) or a Yerasov GTA-15. At larger gigs or when I´m alone I love to plug into my Marshall TSL 60 or Fender ´57 Twin RI, which is tone heaven for me.

[​IMG]

10. Daryl Licht

Daryl Licht Strat-Talk Member

Some great stuff in this thread. My collection is less exotic than some but they keep me happy.

Crate V1512
    Crate VC3112
    Peavey Valveking 112
    Egnater Renegade head with a 212 cab
    Fender Blues Deville 410 (just got this one used but it looks like it will be a keeper)
    Peavey Special 130
    A few assorted cheap SS amps

None of the SS stuff gets played at all anymore. The Valveking has been seeing the most action lately and will get a new speaker as soon as I figure out what to put in it.

edit: BD 410 apparently not a reissue since it looks like production was in 6/95

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  11. bhillnm

bhillnm Strat-O-Master

'0? Micro Cube - just because...
    '03 Champion 30 dsp
    '04 Champion 30 dsp. Stereo rig number 1. They are like having a Princeton Chorus, only you can really separate the speakers. :grin

1965 Bandmaster w/ 2x12
    1967 Bandmaster w/ large 2x12 cab. Stereo rig #2. If the first stereo setup doesn't get your attention, this one [email protected]@n sure will. The power of a Twin through twice as many speakers

Hmm, seems like in amps I have a Fender habit...

12. brnmc

brnmc Strat-Talker

Have a Bugera v5 and a Blackstar HT-20.

13. general923

general923 Strat-Talk Member

A 2011 MIM arctic white strat through a Super Champ XD.:)

14. Strat-Toter

Strat-Toter Strat-O-Master

Egnater Rebel 30 head/cab into an MXR ZW OD. I am looking into a POD HD500. Cant say enough good things about the initial tones I get from the Rebel especially the CLEAN channel..loves pedals too.

Attached Files:

15. ChrisD

ChrisD Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Just recently rekindled my love for playing so still looking for a good sized gigging amp but i'm currently using a small 5 watt, hand built amp for practice. It is hand built in small numbers in Dublin. Its a single ended class A design, handwired turret board, valve rectification etc. Sounds great and i'm sure you can guess whats its modelled on lol
    [​IMG]

16. RWood

RWood Strat-O-Master

Tubeworks Mosvalve RT2100
    Line6 AX212 for modeling stuff.
    Mostly just Boss GT6 through sound board poweramps to system speakers.

17. twangless

twangless Senior Stratmaster

[​IMG]

1990s eras solid state Fenders.

Fender Princeton 112 (35W with Celestion Vintage 30 speaker): I use this amp for home practice and recording guitar solos.

Fender Automatic SE (25W with Celestion Rocket 50 speaker): I call this amp 'The Punisher'. It's a squealer in high gain mode, but I like to use it when I want to travel light.

Fender Ultimate Chorus (2 x 65W stereo with two Celestion 7080 speakers). Ultra buzzy distortion, but I don't mind it when I want to get that sound.

Fender Roc Pro 1000 (65W with stock Eminence speaker). The amp has a good classic rock tone: very Marshally in the drive channel and very Fendery in the clean channel. The stock speaker sounds a lot like a Celestion. I like to use this amp for gigging. It has two gain channels, one quieter and one louder, and it's perfect for footswitching between rhythm and lead settings. I set the gain on 3 for the quieter channel and the gain is set at 7 on the louder channel.

All of the amps are made in the USA except for the Automatic SE.

18. playat10

playat10 Strat-Talker

Your comment made me laugh, thanks. I needed that after a crappy day at work...Good day for NO headphones!
    Guess I'll do a Super Sonic mod on my Mustang 1 and do a "Hendrix at Berkley" imitation ;-) Wonderful little amps,eh?