5 strings?Almost ready for preliminary assembly.
View attachment 622965
The markers were made from pieces of bread tubing I cut with a small pipe cutter and some rosewood dust mixed with CA glue. Instead of making them and inserting them into the neck, I made them in the neck.@Believer7713
Great looking neck!
Those dots are very different and very interesting!
I'm already anxious for a play through video!
It would be a 9/32" imperial size.I need 8,8mm holes or 1/8th of an inch (I think that’s the size in imperial at least).
Ah, thanks! I’ve got some tuning machines from another guitar that I’d like to use, but the bushings for those are 8.8mm, a drill size I don’t have currently. But I won’t make the same mistake as the guy before me and try to use any other size lolIt would be a 9/32" imperial size.
Just finished video today showing how I made the markers.I just finished sanding and polishing the finish on this neck today. Unfortunately, the fretwire I wanted to use on it is out of stock so it will have to wait until then. This $30 neck is definitely not gonna look its price when I'm done...then again it will be worth a crap ton more in my time and labor. At least it's for me and I am not on any kind of deadline.
Pretty impressive for a complete CA finish all done by hand...even the buffing.
View attachment 624341 View attachment 624342 View attachment 624343
I like that bridge setup a lot better. Beautiful build so far.This is still on my workbench.
View attachment 624790
But it is getting closer. Made a new bridge, which seems to work better. I need to work on the nut and saddle.