Sometimes I drive myself nuts

Hendrixlvr

Strat-O-Master
Jul 8, 2016
Mississauga
I hate that I'm like this....I won't buy a certain piece of musical gear, just because it's immensely popular....I always have to go for the "unique" stuff that not everyone has...

For example, have a custom made "E" style guitar made from 100 year old pine....I have a 1958 Supro 1606, I have a Clark "Gainster", etc....

Another example, I'm currently looking for an analog/"tape" delay....for what I'm looking for, logic dictates that a MXR carbon copy is exactly what I'm looking for...it's got the degradation of the repeats, tweakable modulation, "analog dry through", decent price point.... but I just can't bring myself to get one simply based on the fact that it's soooooo popular, so my hunt continues....ugh sometimes I drive myself nuts

heltershelton

Vivamus libero Vivamus duris
Jun 5, 2013
Texas
I hate that I'm like this....I won't buy a certain piece of musical gear, just because it's immensely popular....I always have to go for the "unique" stuff that not everyone has...

For example, have a custom made "E" style guitar made from 100 year old pine....I have a 1958 Supro 1606, I have a Clark "Gainster", etc....

Another example, I'm currently looking for an analog/"tape" delay....for what I'm looking for, logic dictates that a MXR carbon copy is exactly what I'm looking for...it's got the degradation of the repeats, tweakable modulation, "analog dry through", decent price point.... but I just can't bring myself to get one simply based on the fact that it's soooooo popular, so my hunt continues....ugh sometimes I drive myself nuts
yeah, i hear ya.
i stopped eating food years ago because everyone else eats food and i gotta be different. :p

Baelzebub

Dr. Stratster
Nov 1, 2019
State of Disbelief

I'm the same way with anything that has to do with "popular culture". I don't see popular movies until years after they come out.

Latest posts