Song Appreciation Doobie Brothers

Leofender

Plink... Need a restring!!
Silver Member
Aug 28, 2021
Australia
Ah... The Doobie Brothers...
When I (try) to play those songs I am the long lost (on purpose!) Goober Brother...
The vocal harmonies I believe we're "up there" with the Beach Boys. What a classic example of a true sleeper class band!

Fun Fact
According to an interview by Cleveland.com with Pat Simmons, in the band's formative days, a fellow musician named Keith “Dyno” Rosen suggested the band call themselves “The Doobie Brothers” because they were constantly partaking in said herbal indulgences.

Such was the thing to do in San Jose southern California in the 60s and 70s.

33db

Senior Stratmaster
Dec 14, 2018
Earth
Ah... The Doobie Brothers...
When I (try) to play those songs I am the long lost (on purpose!) Goober Brother...
The vocal harmonies I believe we're "up there" with the Beach Boys. What a classic example of a true sleeper class band!

Fun Fact
According to an interview by Cleveland.com with Pat Simmons, in the band's formative days, a fellow musician named Keith “Dyno” Rosen suggested the band call themselves “The Doobie Brothers” because they were constantly partaking in said herbal indulgences.

Such was the thing to do in San Jose southern California in the 60s and 70s.
Still is.

Leofender

Plink... Need a restring!!
Silver Member
Aug 28, 2021
Australia
Still is.

Oh.. really...! Wow... I imagined that Kale and quinoa would be the herb of choice nowadays!!
For the record, kale is so bitter and horrible, I would rather suffer ill-health... That's stuff is just chit!

jd35801

Strat-Talker
Jan 17, 2012
Alabama
One of my favorite bands! And they can still rock the house!
Btw, I recommend any fans check out their cover of “Let It Rain”, featuring Peter Frampton. I think they all do a great job on that one!