Speaking of speakers, NEW VIDEO!

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by Bobchill, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Bobchill

Bobchill Strat-Talk Member

I just released this new video about speakers found in vintage fender amplifiers. Also, I tested a couple of current Jensen reissues in my old Twin.
    I hope you enjoy!

The Original Equipment Manufacturer or OEM speakers found in vintage Fender amplifiers over the years were essentially made by 5 different companies. You can find speakers from any of those manufacturers inside a vintage Fender amplifier as original stock factory parts. Of course, through the years, players developed their own preferences...

2. roadhog96

roadhog96 Senior Stratmaster

I was surprised at how good the new Jensens sound, I wouldn’t hesitate using them if I was in the market for new speakers. I have 60’s Fender and Gibson amps equipped with original speakers. I have several 66 and 67 Jensen C12NA matched pairs and they are my favorite, I also have several single C12NA for backups. The JBL D120F pair I have sound best when mounted inside a closed back cabinet which smooths out the brightness and their clarity cuts through just fine. There’s an original CTS speaker in the Gibson. All speakers have original cones and sound phenomenal. Do you realize that around 2:29 in your video you mention the JBL D120F and show a JBL 140F. The video is very well done and should be very helpful to anyone wanting to know more about these speakers. Thanks for posting it.

abnormaltoy and Bobchill like this.
  3. Bobchill

Thank you so much for your very kind words Roadhog, I'm really happy that you enjoyed the video and the sounds in the comparison test.

You really have keen powers of observation, I didn't find a D120F image with proper resolution and thought no one would mind the difference, ih! ih! : )

roadhog96 and abnormaltoy like this.
  4. abnormaltoy

abnormaltoy Mouth draggin' knuckle breather Silver Member

Nice job, there's a lot of information.

That was the first time, to my knowledge, hearing Utah speakers.

It's good to hear the Jensens are so good.

roadhog96 and Bobchill like this.
  5. the dark sailor

the dark sailor Senior Stratmaster

Bob, you are the man. Loving that Twin. I'm a sucker for Drip Edge and every time I see that amp I feel like I gotta have one, thanks. Nice job on the video and great channel!

Bobchill likes this.
  6. Bobchill

Thank you for your kind words and feedback Dark Sailor! Good luck with finding the amplifier you wish. Please feel free to subscribe the channel for more! : )