Join Strat-Talk Today

Squier Deluxe finish?

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by valor19, Nov 29, 2010.

1. valor19

valor19 Strat-O-Master

Well, I think it's time I move up from my Squier Affinity. I was thinking about going with a Squier Deluxe in daphne blue. However, I worry about the body being basswood. I know there is slight tonal differences compared to ash or something, but I'm more concerned with it being such a soft wood and denting easily. Anyone who has a Squier Deluxe (or any basswood guitar for that matter), how is it holding up?

2. Ausquier

Ausquier Senior Stratmaster

Basswood is good stuff, don't worry about that. I have a near 40 year old MIJ P-bass in basswood and its great. Good weight, good tone. There is heaps of variation even in the same type of timber. Try it and see is the best answer.

Welcome aboard too, mate.

3. PeteG45

PeteG45 Strat-O-Master

Two and a half years and no problems yet. Great guitar, tough color choice.

4. valor19

valor19 Strat-O-Master

Wow, you guys replied so quickly! I posted the same thing on the official Fender forum and have yet to get a reply. Totally awesome and i'm going to order a daphne blue Squier Deluxe this week.

P.S. I was tempted by the white deluxe but my affinity it replaces is white. So, I needed a variation in color.

5. Mr Rothery

Mr Rothery Strat-Talker

Yeah I don't think it's a big issue. Your new guitar will look great as long as you look after it. My Deluxe is only a couple of weeks old, but I have another soft wood guitar that looks new after 12 years.

6. CapeRR

CapeRR Strat-O-Master

I had a Squier 51 for six years and that was basswood and never had any problems with it being soft.

7. valor19

valor19 Strat-O-Master

Well, you guys certainly made me feel better about my purchase and took away my worries. I am getting that guitar, a new guitar cable, a guitar stand, and some new picks this weekend. I'll post pics in the Squier Deluxe thread when it arrives. I am totally freaking out with excitement and can't wait to play it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.