Squier Deluxe Series

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by Zman, Jul 9, 2008.

1. DelayLLama

DelayLLama Strat-Talk Member

I am waiting for! Will be a very cool photo, for sure :rolleyes:

This white pearl metallic is an absolutely marvellous colour, I really love it...
    It has a kind of deepness, that is wonderfull and it´s not to bright!

Creamy, blonde beauty! In combination with the maple neck (mine is hammer) one of the most pretty combination imho.

Kind regards!!! ...all over the world

& Good Morning! :)

2. Zman

Zman Strat-Talker

I tried to get them in a natural light. I will put them together for comparison as well.
    They are as follows. Blizzard Pearl 60th Ann. MIM, Vintage White 68 Reissue CIJ, and the White Pearl Metalic Deluxe MII.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I hope you can see the color differences. The Vintage white has yellowed quite a bit since I purchased it in 1996,

3. DelayLLama

In Germany we say "Geil!!"

absolutely amazing collection! superb.... nice background
    It´s difficult to vote, cause all of them are really blonde beauties!

White Strats with maple necks... aaaah! ;)

4. Wild_Rose

Wild_Rose Strat-Talk Member

I love the light gray one...

5. Zman

Zman Strat-Talker

The LIght grey one is blizzard Pearl. It was the 60th Anniversary Strat.
    There just seems to be something about a light colored Strat and maple necks.
    The neck on the Blizzard is highly flamed and tinted in vintage tint. The CIJ 68 has the large headstock with the vintage tint and gloss neck. The only drawback is th 7.5 inch radius on the neck. It is an absolutely beautiful guitar. I hope this helps in telling the difference between light colored strats. I unfortunately do not have an arctic white strat.

6. BobO

BobO Strat-Talk Member

Great photos -- I like the saddles on the MII Squire deluxe

7. Boris Bubbanov

Boris Bubbanov Most Honored Senior Member

Nice figure! Quite a few of those MIM 60th Anniversary guitars were real sweeties; somehow all my 60th Anniversary special Fenders are USA.

Can be hard to really separate Oly white from Arctic white, and if you'll accept an Oly white, you've saved the best for last: MIM Jimmie Vaughan.

Bubbanov

8. gcconspiracy

gcconspiracy Strat-O-Master

Thanks for the pics guys!

Oh man, thanks so much for the pictures! I'm still waiting for my pearl white metallic deluxe to arrive (it seems to be taking forever!!!). This has definitely made me even more excited for my new strat... I just can't believe squier has made such a beautiful guitar for such a decent price!

-gcc

ps - I can't believe how nice that bridge looks! Squier sure has taken a turn for the better.

9. Zman

Zman Strat-Talker

GC where are you located and who did yo order it from? I am in the Niagara area and deal with Central Music in Welland.

10. gcconspiracy

Hey Zman, I'm in Alberta, and I ordered through Axe music located in Calgary. I usually use Long and McQuade, but have recently began dealing with Axe.

-gcc

ps - just to put it in perspective, it's been a full month now since I placed my order... does that sound normal to you, or too long (I've never ordered a guitar in special before, I've always just bought off the floor).

11. Zman

Zman Strat-Talker

It all depends on Fender. I ordered a 3 colour sunburst Deluxe Player Strat with a maple board. It took 4 months. It was supposed to be 5 weeks. They just didn't do a run of that colour in that time frame. It really sucks because you move on and the GAS from that guitar fades. I was lucky when I ordered my deluxes. The local shop where I deal had talked to the Fender rep and he was getting one of each colour. The White pearl and the Daphne blue. I had originally wanted the Daphne but he said he would hold both for me. That was way back in January. When they came in he showed me the Pearl first and the the Daphne. I was prepared though. I had a 2006 Epi Les Paul Standard that was surplus. I had an Elitist LP Custom. I couldn't make up my mind so I traded the Epi for both of them and I am very happy with the outcome.
    I am sure you will be very happy with this guitar. Have patience. I have 9 Strats and 5 of them are Squiers. I have come to really like my Squier guitars, they are huge bang for the buck, and they are getting better and better.

12. gcconspiracy

Yeah, I kind of figured it could be hit and miss as far as shipping times with such a huge company as Fender... Oh well, I guess I'll just have to try and keep the GAS going!

One other thing... I live out in the boonies, and am considering having the guitar shipped to my door once it arrives at the shop, does this sound like a dumb idea? I am prepared to do most setup stuff on the guitar, but my big concern is the fretboard... I've known squiers to have issues with jagged or tall frets, are these squiers generally free of such issues?

Thanks for the info.

13. PeteG45

PeteG45 Strat-O-Master

GCC,

I ordered mine right to the door and the fret work was great. The guitar needed a setup but even my guitar tech commented that the frets were done well. Save the gas(oline).

Pete

14. gcconspiracy

sounds good! I guess I'll be taking advantage of my shop's free shipping policy then...

15. trapt_under

trapt_under Strat-Talk Member

hey zman, do you think you could like do a demo for the squier deluxe? maybe a video or even just an audio file. i really wanna hear its tonal range so i could compare it with the 50's vibe strat. i havent found any demo's on youtube or anywhere else. id appreciate it if you could help me out

thanks man

16. DelayLLama

17. PeteG45

PeteG45 Strat-O-Master

Wow. My guitar doesn't sound that good. Of course it could be because I am still a novice. I guess that I could mangle Shakespeare and say "The fault lies not in our strats, dear Brutus, but in ourselves". Hmm. I think I like that.

Thanks for posting these clips they sound great.

18. thaus

thaus Most Honored Senior Member

Love those yellowed white strats.........

19. gcconspiracy

Delay Llama,

just curious, what were the amp settings on the VOX DA5 clip? I have a VOX AD30VT, and would love to be able to score a similar tone!

-GCC

ps - the clips all sound really good, did you use any pedals, or just old fashioned amp tweaking?

20. DelayLLama

Hi GC,

the settings on the DA5 sample are highgain 3, gain at 12 o´clock, tone 12 o´clock and just a bit delay. simple, but that´s it.
    The same on the other samples, all recordet easily with the modules of the Vox DA5, no pedals and nothing else.
    Recordet via line out from the DA5 into the Zoom PS02 (several tracks) and exported into mp3 via CDex.
    The only thing is, a little mastering was made with the PS02, if we could say so.
    Very simple, but effective.
    THX, nice to hear, I´m lucky you enjoyd them, :D

And one old track (sad that I´ve lost the original track) recordet with the Zoom PS02 and a Fender stratacoustic and a Squier Strat 20th ann. aff. series
    Because thats not best sounding, I love it....

http://mdalu.md.ohost.de/MyMP3/MAD_Easy.WMA

...and here is my old Fender Tele :rolleyes:
    http://mdalu.md.ohost.de/MyMP3/MAD_DADGAD%20in%20Bagdad.mp3

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008