Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Standard 2 point damaged

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by AxeMan_DadMan, Nov 11, 2015.

1. AxeMan_DadMan

AxeMan_DadMan Strat-Talker

Mar 22, 2013
    Alabama
    Picked up a 2006 cherry burst standard at guitar center and while checking it over I found damage to the tremolo edge that does the pivoting. I can't seem to find a replacement on guitar fetish.
    I have the Wilkinson that guitar fetish sells but it looks like the pivot screws would be nearly to the end if the adjustable end. It's in a guitar or I'd try the install.
    The saddles have grooves from the wound strings and I suspect that's where my tuning problem was coming from. Also the trem arm is to loose to function. Tried Teflon tape but I don't think they have rolls big enough for this mess!

So to sum it up.
    Bad bridge plate, bad trem arm and bad saddles.
    Other than that it came with dirty pots I cleaned with detoxit.

What's my cheapest fix? What's the best fix?

Thanks
    Rick

2. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 26, 2013
    So. Calif.

3. AxeMan_DadMan

Mar 22, 2013
    Alabama
    I looked around more today and I can't find any good after market 60mm spaced tremolo. Any ideas?

4. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Beer me up Scotty Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 11, 2015
    Sweden

5. fumbler

fumbler PhD-Stratology

Oct 22, 2009
    New Joisey!
    This should be an exact replacement for the offset intonation screw bridge on your 2006

Amazon.com: Fender American Series Stratocaster Tremolo Bridge Assembly - Chrome: Musical Instruments@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41M87tsVESL.@@AMEPARAM@@41M87tsVESL

You could also look for the version after 2008 which should also fit. Keep in mind that the plate has the holes for the intonation screws in a different spot for the bent steel saddles with centered screws. You could also look for a deluxe bridge with the pop-in arm. They all fit the same 2-post-spacing.

6. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-a-holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    I think it's a SQUIER Standard fumbler, not an American Fender...they have different post spacing....

7. fumbler

fumbler PhD-Stratology

Oct 22, 2009
    New Joisey!
    Oops. That's what I get for looking at "recent posts" without paying attention to which section of the forum it's in. :)

8. Vinnie1971

Vinnie1971 Strat-O-Master

Nov 14, 2015
    U.K.
    Squier standard has same string, tremolo and screw spacing as American standard with modern spacing but the posts are 60 mm apart or more rather than 56mm as per American 2 point so that won't fit.
    Best bet is to go to fender Europe and see if you can get a new Squier standard plate.
    The arm if you need to replace it is 10/32 and string spacing is 2 2/16. Get an upgrade block too - more volume, more sustain less ice pick as more resonance - I rid a before and after using the same strings which I straightened to go through the block and was surprised what a difference a rolled steel big block makes

AxeMan_DadMan likes this.

9. AxeMan_DadMan

Mar 22, 2013
    Alabama
    Thanks everyone! Always great advice here.
    So here's what I think I'll do.
    I've got a Wilkinson two point on a squier I'm not to fond of and I'll use that on my pretty cheery burst squier. I think the adjustable whammy bar will be nice and it had a steel block already. Then I'll put back the 6 point that came out and decide what to do with it.
    The Wilkinson fits 53 to 62 mm width pivots so it'll go right in.
    I filed the grooves on the saddles last night and they should be fine. I also filed smooth the steel plate edges damaged by the pivots. I'm not sure how usable it is but it's repaired and might come in handy some day.
    I'm going to follow up on some of the ideas here to educate myself so again thanks for taking the time to help.

Rick

10. Vinnie1971

Vinnie1971 Strat-O-Master

Nov 14, 2015
    U.K.
    The only issue is that the e strings will be nearly 1mm closer to the edge of the fretboard at the 21st fret with the wilkinson term. I got one and I find its not an issue, even for vigorous pull offs

AxeMan_DadMan likes this.

11. Dralf

Dralf New Member!

Dec 4, 2017
    Tx
    Just buy two slotted screws for an American tremolo, the squier std cherry burst is the only one w those slotted screws the rest have 2 black rounded pivots. $8 eBay.

12. Bodean

Bodean You'll shoot your eye out kid Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    That was in 2015. If they haven't resolved the problem they never will.:D

Viking likes this.