Join Strat-Talk Today

Star Wars Episode IX Teaser Trailer

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Chont, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Chont

Chont Most Honored Senior Member

Looks good as far as I can tell... Ep VIII was awful so they have a lot to live up to. I really hope this redeems some of the last one.

Card carrying Star Wars geek so I'm just happy to see some frickin' Light Sabers.

2. circles

circles Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

The saga ends eh? Well, I guess that's the last Star Wars movie!

Class A Knob and Chont like this.
  3. sam_in_cali

sam_in_cali Scream for me Strat-Talk! Strat-Talk Supporter

I can't remember the last SW movie that I really liked since Return of the Jedi. This trailer looks interesting in that it has a couple big tie-ins to RotJ (the death star wreakage and palpatine's laugh at the end) so I guess I'm cautiously optimistic...

Chont likes this.
  4. Chont

I liked Force Awakens though not as much as Rogue One. Last one was God awful though. I wanted to like it but i just had to admit that it sucked a big one. I think Daisy Ridley does a great job with the role though. If she sucked there would be no hope whatsoever.

sam_in_cali likes this.
  5. jaybones

jaybones Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Lando!

The Emporer!

Looks good, glad they (Disney) didn't go overboard on CGI characters.

When they bought the rights I had visions of cross overs to their other movies- "Woody! I am your FAH-THER!!" or seeing Wall-e in the background as just another droid.

And as far as it being over, we'll see. Disney may need to trot out the cash cow at some point.

Chont likes this.
  6. Chont

Honestly I don't see why they would necessarily need to end the Skywalker saga. Can still keep some of the characters around and create new stories.

Rogue One was fantastic. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. The only thing It lacked was a lightsaber. That blind asian guy should have had one even if he wasn't a Jedi.

Tone Deaf, CB91710 and RadioFM74 like this.
  7. dirocyn

dirocyn Senior Stratmaster

Rogue One was a masterpiece--that's what a prequel SHOULD be--fitting within the existing universe, providing an explanation for a glaring hole in the plot of A New Hope--and with good acting and good special effects. I count it as my second favorite Star Wars movie, after Empire Strikes Back.

Solo was kind of lame, I'm glad I caught that one on Netflix instead of on the big screen. The Anakin prequels were horrid, painful to watch. IMO those 3 movies are best regarded as bad fan fic, none of them will get a single re-watch from me.

There were aspect to The Last Jedi that I quite enjoyed. It was pretty cheesy, and it seemed like the director was trying to make Kylo Ren sexy. Y'know, if you're into immature tantrum-throwing little boys with no empathy and immense destructive power, 'cuz that makes sense. As a whole, better than Solo but not as good as The Force Awakens. I'm pretty hopeful about the next one.

CB91710 and Chont like this.
  8. Chont

I'm in full agreement with you... though I still need to watch Solo in its entirety.

There were some good moments in The Last Jedi... this being my favorite.

[​IMG]

9. CB91710

CB91710 This is a Custom Title Gold Member Strat-Talk Supporter

It is certainly not the end of the franchise, we will see more "A Star Wars Story" films... Disney didn't pay Lucas a brazillion just to make three movies and kill it, but the original (err, secondary) vision was for a group of three trilogies.
    Star Wars was almost not made, everyone in production thought it sucked, the actors thought it sucked... and it took off like a rocket. It was just the right place and the right time... we were hungry for a good SciFi/Fantasy movie after having nearly 10 years of cheesy 70s SciFi that really wasn't any better than the cheesy 50s SciFi.
    Lucas wrote SW, and needed a back-story to continue with Ep V and VI, so the outline for the prequels was put together, at the time not really intending to make movies from them.
    But this is where some of the inconsistencies between SW and EMP/ROTJ come in... Vader killed Anakin, no, Anakin became Vader and at that point "died", Solo being rewritten as a likable character, etc....
    Then the commercial success of EMP pushed the plot changes in ROTJ and eliminated Luke's move to the dark side and other changes to make the series more appealing to children who wanted action figures.

When ROTJ was released, it was rumored that Lucas was working on the "first" trilogy, and by the time that was completed, the original actors would have aged sufficiently to play their original roles in the final trilogy.
    We waited another 16 years before we were let down by the first trilogy.
    Sad in more ways than one, but the thing that really saddens me is my feeling that, had the filming been even 6 years ahead on the 1st and last trilogies, it may have prompted lifestyle changes that could have saved Carrie.

We really loved Rogue One. It was probably the best of the series after ROTJ, and it fits beautifully into viewing the series in "Machete Order" without revealing any spoilers for Empire.
    We never saw Solo. Will wait for it to show up on Netflix.
    We did enjoy the "first" trilogy as well as VII and VIII, but only because of the story itself, and it's Star Wars. Even though Star Trek TMP and V sucked, I still own them. I don''t care what anyone says about the reboots, we loved all 3 of the Kelvin timeline Star Trek and were bummed to hear that it looks like IV is dead in the water. We also really liked Enterprise and feel that it was canceled just as it was hitting its stride, but at least the producers were allowed to wrap it up and close out the series, unlike Firefly.

10. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 The wizard next door..... Strat-Talk Supporter

The Last Jedi almost killed me, in a Star Wars sense. I really didn't like it. But I'll remain hopeful that Episode IX can salvage something and, you know, actually be good.......

Swampash and Chont like this.
  11. circles

circles Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Do you think they'll finally reveal that Darth Vader is Luke's father, like we all strongly suspect?

12. Nate D

Nate D Most Honored Senior Member

I wasn’t a fan of the last one, but I’m a geek for all the new stuff except Solo. That was an abomination, which is a shame because the guy who played Lando was awesome.

Chont likes this.
  13. Chont

Can’t be worse LOL

Nate D likes this.
  14. bchaffin72

I think they'll keep us in suspense..............:D

I can't disagree......................

circles and Nate D like this.
  15. Nate D

Yes it could’ve been worse... have you seen Solo?!?

Chont likes this.
  16. Chont

Only bits and pieces. It didn’t look terrible but I wasn’t paying attention. My kids were watching it and I was doing stuff around the house. The kessel run part looked like was best left to the imagination

Nate D likes this.
  17. Nate D

Seeing as you’re the only person I know who’s seen even parts of it who says it didn’t look terrible, you should just keep it that way. Lol

Chont likes this.
  18. Chont

Yeah I’ve been reluctant to watch it for that very reason. Rogue One I can watch over and over and it’s still great.

19. bchaffin72

Given what the movie was, Han Solo's whole backstory was best left to the imagination.........................

20. nadzab

nadzab Peace & Love, my Brothers & Sisters... Strat-Talk Supporter

I really enjoyed Solo. Didn't know there was so much dislike for it.

fezz parka and Chont like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.