Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Start build....

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by Tomas83, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Tomas83

Tomas83 Strat-Talker

Jul 30, 2014
    NE in the 4 corners
    Hi, does anyone has experience with Precision Guitar Kits company from Canada. Gentlemen have great reputation with LP, SG and LP junior kits, but they also offer Strat and Tele kits, so I was wondering. The kit would come to $480 shipped to me so it’s a great value but I’m not sure if it’s worth it. I was pretty sure I’ll give USACG my business since I’m admiring their work for quite some time and i can have a hollow body and a lot of options for customization. The Precision guitar kit would come out about $200 less.

Here’s the link for unfamiliar ones: https://precisionguitarkits.com/product/strat-custom

2. Tomas83

Tomas83 Strat-Talker

Jul 30, 2014
    NE in the 4 corners

3. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member

I've heard good things about their set neck kits, but I don't think I'd ever buy a bolt on neck kit.

I'd rather buy components from various vendors and put them together than accept someone else picking them out for me.

Plus I'm not confident in my finishing ability yet.

4. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-a-holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    Seems like a total ripoff, you can buy a used MIM Standard or a new Classic Vibe Squier for around the same money.....and use that as a base....

I would totally pass.....but if you want to proceed....

Make sure you have experience fret level / crowning, nut slot shaping, full setup, etc.....otherwise it's not going to be playable....

Good luck!

5. Tomas83

Tomas83 Strat-Talker

Jul 30, 2014
    NE in the 4 corners

Thanks

6. Tomas83

Tomas83 Strat-Talker

Jul 30, 2014
    NE in the 4 corners
    My issue is that I want a wide neck with flat radius and a hollow body. I have a very decent start Peavey Predator and I’m currently going through the process of upgrading it.

7. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-a-holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    Plenty of Squier and Fender Mexico products have 12" fretboard radius....if that helps at all...

8. Tomas83

Tomas83 Strat-Talker

Jul 30, 2014
    NE in the 4 corners
    Thanks, I know about those. My Predator has a 12” radius but it’s not 2” wide neck with no radius at all. That’s what I’d really like. And a hollow body...