Starting to get excited!

jwag

Strat-O-Master
Aug 9, 2015
Saint Louis
I had a set of Pure Vintage 59’s installed in one of my Classic Series 60’s Strat’s yesterday and I’m loving the results. Today I’m dropping the other Classic Series 60’s Strat off to have PV65’s installed.

If the 65’s are as good as the 59’s I’m going to be a happy man.

I’ve wrestled with changing the pickups on these guitars as they both sounded good in stock form. That said, I felt like they could be better. IMO, the 59’s were definitely worth the price of admission and hopefully the 65’s provide similar results.

The pickups are more similar than different, with the difference making all the difference to me personally. I was always happy with the stock setup when playing clean, until I A/B’d them last night…the 59’s are better IMO. When using overdrive or distortion…especially in a band setting, the stock pickups lost clarity and note separation. The 59’s are more articulate in that regard to my ears.

I’m wishing I’d have made the swap sooner.

Murdog

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
May 7, 2021
U.S.A.
I’ve wrestled with changing the pickups on these guitars as they both sounded good in stock form. That said, I felt like they could be better. IMO, the 59’s were definitely worth the price of admission and hopefully the 65’s provide similar results.
Awesome. Glad to hear it turned out well. I've felt the same way about changing pickups until recently, I've become a little more adventurous.