Stew Mac 7 bux for saddle screws 4 for retainers, 12 for shipping.

3bolt79

Dr. Stratster
Oct 16, 2018
Oregon
Yeah stew Mac is kind of a rip off, especially when it comes to shipping. I order enough stuff from them that the Stu max membership of 39.99 per year paid for itself. Free shipping all year is worth it for me. After 4 orders it has paid for itself.

StratUp

Most Honored Senior Member
Sep 5, 2020
Altered States
Yeah, I hear you. Needed some TOM saddles, uncut. SM was with only one who carried them and had enough in the way of engineering diagrams to figure out if they'd fit before buying.

$9 for the six TOM saddles. $11 for the shipping. They could have tossed them in a first class envelope and sent them for $3.50.

revtime

Senior Stratmaster
Jun 17, 2014
kansas
Companies make money off of shipping.
They have a special shipping rate due the volume they ship. Some turn right around and gouge you for extra shipping money.
When I found out how much a company I used to work for made on shipping (profit mind you) my jaw hit the floor.

NHFlyCaster

Strat-Talker
Feb 16, 2020
NH
Someone has to stock it, pick it, pack it, and ship it.

I worked in the IT Dept where the Co. VP tried telling my boss we weren't charging for shipping because it was going to be free. She said, "I'm pretty sure UPS is charging Us for it whether or not You charge for it." He said, "But it's free shipping Trish!" Wow, just too funny to make this up.

StratUp

Sep 5, 2020
Altered States
I wood start in the wood screw section if it were me...

I read the OP's post as something to do with at TOM type bridge with "saddle screws". Those wood not be in the wood or would screw section. But HD and Lowes have a poor selection beyond the basic "I'd use it for home improvement" fasteners.

In the USA, most hardware stores have a section with a few hundred assorted boxes with a couple thousand assorted fasteners. You can often find what you need there. The one limitation is often finish... i.e. finding 3mm screws in nickel ain't gonna happen. But if you're OK with stainless or chrome, they have some stuff.

amstratnut

Peace thru Music.
Dec 1, 2009
My house.
I read the OP's post as something to do with at TOM type bridge with "saddle screws". Those wood not be in the wood or would screw section. But HD and Lowes have a poor selection beyond the basic "I'd use it for home improvement" fasteners.

In the USA, most hardware stores have a section with a few hundred assorted boxes with a couple thousand assorted fasteners. You can often find what you need there. The one limitation is often finish... i.e. finding 3mm screws in nickel ain't gonna happen. But if you're OK with stainless or chrome, they have some stuff.

I dont know what TOM type bridges are. EDIT: Tune O Matic?

I lost one saddle screw off my Les Paul with a Nashville bridge. I had to buy a full set along with retainers, so it wouldnt happen again. Its hard to believe such a simple part is only available at Stew Mac.

StratUp

Sep 5, 2020
Altered States
I dont know what TOM type bridges are. EDIT: Tune O Matic?

I lost one saddle screw off my Les Paul with a Nashville bridge. I had to buy a full set along with retainers, so it wouldnt happen again. Its hard to believe such a simple part is only available at Stew Mac.

Yep. I hear that. For some reason no one carries Nashville parts. Very popular bridge and much better than the ABR. But guitarists being guitarists, they clamor for the lesser ancestor, the ABR.

Boubou

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2009
Montreal
For what its worth i remember going to a "screw" store, might have been called fastener store, anyways the name probably was in french. They were in the industrial park, they had everything. I think i was looking for screws for a bow or a bow sight, which have their own specialized bolts, nuts and screws. If you live in a town big enough to have one of those business give them a try