Strange Pawn Shop Sighting

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Paperback Rocker, Jan 2, 2020.

1. simoncroft

simoncroft Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Back in the days when I reviewed guitars for a music mag, some guy approached us with a new guitar, he and his associated had built. None of them were musical instrument makers AFAIK, but they decided they knew what made for a great guitar. So did they build a few to test the market? Not exactly, they found some factory space and invested in a CNC machine. This is before they've sold a single instrument. The one they sent me was sort-of OK, but with pointless body routing and a very odd neck profile. It was a lot of money. Especially for a guitar I didn't want. I'd name names, but I've never heard of them since and I really can't remember.

Cool. Carbon makes for highly stable necks. Does it make for great tone? I'll let you decide!

I've never played one, but I agree they sound great. Judging by the celebrity following, they must play pretty well too.

Agreed. Phil X just exudes music too. Love his slightly spaced-out videos. The only problem is, I want a Trussart guitar now... :D

Cerb and circles like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.