Join Strat-Talk Today

Strat Kit for Experimenting

Discussion in 'DIY Strat Forum' started by Config5623, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Config5623

Config5623 New Member!

Hi all,
    Could someone recommend a quality Strat kit that I could use to test new configurations. I need to test new pickups, POTs etc.. I make? So far the kits I've tried are sub-standard. I don't mind paying the extra $. I even thought of purchasing an American Strat.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

2. Bowmap

Bowmap Thank You that have served and are serving. Gold Member

Are you just swapping out the electronics? If so you can get a Fender strat with a swimming pool route for not much money. The swimming pool route will give the most flexibility in pick configurations.

And Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of builders here. So other suggestions will be along shortly.

johnnymg, Believer7713 and vid1900 like this.
  3. LLDad

LLDad New Member!

I just picked up a Glarry GTS to work on. It seems like that could work for what you are looking for. $63 and free shipping from the Glarry website or $54 and free shipping on eBay.

4. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Pawnshop Squier for the win.

5. Smokey3

Smokey3 Strat-Talker

Welcome, I'm not really up on this subject but I was looking on EBay just last night and saw a lot of fender bodies on there for sale. I think they had about anything you would want. I was thinking you could get one of these bodies and order a new roasted maple neck from fender and built a killer guitar. Anyway I don't know if this is the best way to go or not but I'm thinking about doing one this way myself. Good luck

6. Groovey

Groovey Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

What kits have you tried? Anything I can look up? To give me a better ide of what your looking for.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.