Strat Neck replacement

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Leofender, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Will Lefeurve

Will Lefeurve Most Honored Senior Member

Yes.. and let's not forget.. Jack Pearson.. one of the greats.. is still playing em! :thumb:

Thrup'ny Bit likes this.
  2. Swamp_Thang

Swamp_Thang Strat-Talker

Mike Rutherford plays a Squier Bullet on stage.

3. Will Lefeurve

Will Lefeurve Most Honored Senior Member

Yes, a period of good humour and musical bliss was enjoyed in the sanatorium.. I can recommend it to anyone having anxiety attacks over best guitarists, custom shop guitars, non Fender Strats, and of course bloody breathing wood and nitro.. :rolleyes: ha ha..

4. Higgins1980

Higgins1980 Strat-O-Master

I have a squier I’m using as a partscaster and I thought about swapping the neck to go from rosewood board to maple but the neck really is so good and it has the oversized headstock which I really dig. So I’m gonna owe the neck and invest that money in other places.

5. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Most Honored Senior Member

the neck is purely a matter of personal taste... and some just have to have a specific logo on the headstock... but if quality and bang for the buck is of importance, the AllParts necks cannot be beat.. with one caveat... the one caveat that's extends to any other neck you buy.... fret work..

Any neck you get, unless the one selling it guarantees it's been leveled and crowned, will need the procedure... so with that in mind... I guess that negates the caveat as it relates to the AllParts neck..

If you are of a mind, and good with tools. the fret work is a "piece of cake"... here's how...

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/tele-technical/201556-fret-leveling-yer-tele-101-a.html

Roach769, Leofender and fattboyzz like this.
  6. EC Strat

EC Strat Senior Stratmaster Gold Supporting Member

I’ll buy that neck from you LMK

Leofender and fattboyzz like this.
  7. Leofender

Leofender Strat-Talker Silver Member

H
    Hmm thanks for the heads-up and correction... it appears that I was mislead... That sound was me giving myself an uppercut for being so gullible.

archetype likes this.
  8. Leofender

Leofender Strat-Talker Silver Member

Hmmm... Okay, I see my self indulgence has drawn some sage wisdom. I deserved that... I will be more careful about things in future. I'm not being sarcastic or patronising...
    Anyway no hard feelings.

archetype likes this.
  9. FSR-MZA

FSR-MZA Strat-Talk Member

This is good advice. Also, don't mind the people quick to criticize or judge, if they aren't offering constructive criticism then pay no attention.

Leofender and wurly like this.