Join Strat-Talk Today

Strat Neck Unfixable

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by zimbo, Oct 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colt_45

Colt_45 New Member!

From my limited understanding the neck adjustment only goes cw (never ccw) and most likely the truss rod is jammed or the threaded part of the rod/nut is stripped. The repair involves cutting out the 1st fret to access the the square nut embedded in the neck under the 1st fret (if you choose to save the neck to keep the originality ) this is not an easy process but it can be done. You can chase the threads on the truss rod if it is salvageable or replace it, and the same thing with the nut. If you go to this extent do a fret job too. I have a 1990 sss strat that I love and have a replacement srv neck and it is still sitting waiting for me to make a decision on a new neck The best of luck to you no matter what happens.

2. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

I'm curious, did you misspell "amateurs" or "armatures" whilst depositing your sole, lonely thought on this thread?

3. nutball73

nutball73 Senior Stratmaster

And.... that's why I don't accept paypal or ship guitars any more. Cash & face to face deals only. Caveat Emptor. If you broke it, you bought it. etc. etc.

4. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue I don't seem able to get it straight in my mind... Strat-Talk Supporter

Amature, it's the polar opposite of immature.

Stratwrangler likes this.
  5. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

That makes no sense at all, I'd send that definition back and get a refund.

6. GunMonkeyINTL

GunMonkeyINTL Senior Stratmaster

Like “ahhhh.....mature”?

Guy Named Sue likes this.
  7. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue I don't seem able to get it straight in my mind... Strat-Talk Supporter

Yeah with a slight French accent

8. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Most Honored Senior Member

Wow! I really hope the seller and/or ebay finds this thread and rejects the OP's return. Once you or your tech(s) put a file to those frets it's your guitar. I'd fight you tooth and nail on the return if I was the seller.

9. Guy Named Sue

Stratwrangler likes this.
  10. Stratwrangler

Stratwrangler Strat-Talker

Wow your Good, looks virtually unplayed there. Shames she's now being passed around and unloved

11. vid1900

vid1900 Most Honored Senior Member

It will get sold 10 more times over the internet, before UPS finally loses it.

Whenever you see a super common used guitar, from a major city, being sold over the net, that should send up red flags in every direction.

Same if you see the same dog has been back at the animal shelter 3 times; avoid that one.

12. StratPlus97

StratPlus97 Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

13. Andrew Wasson

Andrew Wasson Senior Stratmaster

14. Guy Named Sue

If you're one the phone just hold your finger on the picture long enough for a menu to pop up, in there there's Reverse image search using Google. Just click on that.

Or if you're on your computer
    Right click on the image you want to search.
    Choose "Copy image address."
    Open images.google.com.
    Click the camera icon to start a reverse image search.
    Select the "Paste image URL" tab.
    Paste the URL.
    Click on the "Search by image" button

Andrew Wasson likes this.
  15. GunMonkeyINTL

GunMonkeyINTL Senior Stratmaster

That's probably the sale in question. It says it was "listed almost 2 years ago" but doesn't say when it was sold.

If the OP bought it from someon who claimed they hadn't played it in 10 years, it has to be that seller.

16. Guy Named Sue

Yeah that's true, but I remember OP saying he bought it from ebay or something about ebay when sending the guitar back. So he didn't buy it from this Reverb guy, or maybe this guy also had the guitar on two sites I don't know.
    Since the Reverb ad says "No dings or scratches, rarely played, same owner since bought in 2002." I'm assuming it's the same guy.

Some plot holes... I doubt OP is comes back though. I wish we could find out how this ended.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  17. sonichronic

sonichronic Strat-Talker

I looked for about an hour this morning to try and hopefully contact the seller to at least let them know what is going on. so then maybe they can also sign for the guitar and at least get their instrument back if they don't think they will win against eBay.

its just blatant abuse of the return system. this is a guy selling his guitar on eBay not guitar center. it's really sad to think that people think this way.

Stratoskater and Guy Named Sue like this.
  18. sonichronic

sonichronic Strat-Talker

I dont have Reverb can someone email this seller and ask if it's them? please send them a link to this whole thread? btw if the OP decides to delete this thread I have it saved in a PDF. I really have been looking to try and find this seller to at least let them know what's going on.

BTW good idea on the reverse image search. I actually thought of that but figured it was a picture the OP took.

19. Guy Named Sue

Naw that won't happen, you can't delete your own thread only Admins can do stuff like that in extreme cases. Good on you to inform the seller about this!

20. sonichronic

sonichronic Strat-Talker

sadly I don't have Reverb hopefully someone with Reverb can message the seller and share this thread.

let me know if this happens. if not I guess I can make an account but it will have to be later as I am at work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.