1. Enter to Win one of two Strats we are giving away! An American Pro II Strat HSS and a Squier Classic Vibe Strat. To see the prizes and rules: https://www.strat-talk.com/pages/2020_Fundraiser_giveaway/ To enter: https://www.strat-talk.com/account/upgrades To enter, simply upgrade to silver (1 entry), gold (2 entries), platinum (5 entries), or double platinum supporting membership (10 entries). November 5th is the last day to enter!

Strat Tone

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by roadhog96, Nov 16, 2017.

1. roadhog96

roadhog96 Senior Stratmaster

IMG_6259.JPG
    I'm sure most of you already know this but honestly, I didn't. I just assumed yah I know, the two Tone controls worked the Bridge, Bridge-Middle and Middle Pickups. I stumbled on this in a factory service bulletin printed in 2000 for the American Standard Stratocaster totally by accident. After looking at the diagram for the different pickup and switch combinations I realized how much sense this makes and how obvious it should have been, what can I say. It's underlined in green on the attached photo. I adjust tone knobs every time I play and never realized that Tone #2 had anything to do with the 4th position of the P.U. selector switch. Actually Tone #1-2 both work in this position. So if I'm not the only one who didn't know this then go ahead and check it out.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  2. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985

I like to wire tone 1 to the neck, and tone 2 to the bridge and leave the middle wide open.

3. Dumpster Chicken

Dumpster Chicken Strat-Talker

I like to have tone #1 to neck, & tone #2 to middle, & a separate .1 if cap and 180k resistor to bridge.

4. jvin248

jvin248 Senior Stratmaster

"I like to" ... wire tone 1 as master tone and tone 2 as a blender to take my SSS to HSH any time I want to thicken up the mix.

5. Sarnodude

Sarnodude Senior Stratmaster

Got wiring diagram?

6. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985

Same as the Eric Johnson Strat. :)

iu.jpeg

Raiders757 and Bladesg like this.
  7. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon

After 10 years with my CP50s the jury is still out on this configuration:

Controls.jpg