Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Strat Ultra Owners Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by qblue, Jan 21, 2014.

1. cyclones1

cyclones1 New Member!

Aug 17, 2011
    Chicago Land
    This is an interesting Fender Ultra. Its also a 40th Anniversary Model.

Attached Files:

Calimero77 likes this.

2. Coastal1

Coastal1 New Member!

Apr 4, 2017
    RALEIGH, NC
    Hello, new to forum. I've played acoustic for 20+ years and have a nice Gibson and Martin and just got a (1991?) Strat Ultra as first electric. Being new to electrics, this model wasn't on my radar but actually got offered more than expected for a Yairi WY1 at GC. This GC didn't have any American Standards for ~$1k (had a LE for $1400 and a dented/badly buzzing Tele for $750, and lots of new Professionals for the same price as the Ultra).

Really like this guitar so far, 'niche' sound is a plus for me as a non-purist and tastes including Jerry Garcia, Bill Frisell, Trey Anastasio, Gilmour, Trucks, Neil Young, some Zappa. Also like a wide variety of other music ranging from 'outlaw' country to classic rock, generally more melodic leaning tones than say AC/DC, but also like some 90s alternative/grunge. Only slight hesitation is the Ultra seems a tad heavier than most other (newer) Strats I tried but hasn't been uncomfortable yet.

If anyone is still watching this thread, any feedback on purchase is appreciated, including telling me I'm crazy for considering a unique Strat for first electric. Or that it's fake (I'll have it checked out by a trusted tech before return period ends, but welcome any comments regardless or any specific things I should ask him about). Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    smithstrato likes this.

3. Coastal1

Coastal1 New Member!

Apr 4, 2017
    RALEIGH, NC
    IMG_3937.JPG IMG_3940.JPG

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    SurfsUp and smithstrato like this.

4. Coastal1

Coastal1 New Member!

Apr 4, 2017
    RALEIGH, NC

5. smithstrato

smithstrato Senior Stratmaster

Aug 25, 2013
    Para Para
    Forgot to share pics with club. My 92 set neck custom shop quilt and blue burst quilt.
    At the time 1500/blueburst 2000/CS. Bad pics srry. 20141216_045035.jpg 20141216_044917.jpg 20141216_045228.jpg 20140820_195526.jpg 008.jpg 009.jpg

SurfsUp likes this.

6. smithstrato

smithstrato Senior Stratmaster

Aug 25, 2013
    Para Para

Welcome to ST. Looks like a great guitar and a good one to start as any.

7. SurfsUp

SurfsUp Strat-O-Master

May 18, 2016
    C-Town, Ontario
    Awesome pics!!!!

I'll need to post some of my Plus Deluxe

smithstrato likes this.

8. qblue

qblue Senior Stratmaster

Feb 18, 2009
    Clarks Summit, PA
    Since I started this club, I just recently took a pic of the 1990 Strat Ultra. that is still my #1 Strat:

[​IMG]

smithstrato and irie like this.

9. gtrman56

gtrman56 New Member!

Jan 14, 2013
    Augusta, GA
    Just ran across this thread. I'm the proud owner of a '91 Antique Sunburst Strat Ultra, and I LOVE it.

smithstrato, qblue and SurfsUp like this.

10. qblue

qblue Senior Stratmaster

Feb 18, 2009
    Clarks Summit, PA
    I did not see your pics...we need to re-establish the Ultra as one of the best guitars made by Fender, with input from the Custom Shop.

smithstrato, Calimero77 and albala like this.

11. jorisg

jorisg New Member!

Oct 25, 2017
    Amsterdam
    smithstrato and albala like this.

12. SurfsUp

SurfsUp Strat-O-Master

May 18, 2016
    C-Town, Ontario
    I can't see those pics above.....error message!

:(

smithstrato likes this.

13. Stinkmeisterj

Stinkmeisterj New Member!

Mar 3, 2018
    United States
    I just bought a 1993 Strat ultra. It is not original as it has lace chrome dome pick ups but this is head and shoulders above my American deluxe strat in sound, versatility and feel. I have a problem with the mini Floyd though, the tremolo bar keeps falling out. I tried adjusting the allen screw under the mini Floyd that appears to tighten against the trem bar but the trem bar is still loose and sloppy and falls out of the guitar. I can't find much IMG_20180303_0836357_rewind.jpg technical information about the mini Floyd tremolos. Is this normal for these or do I need a new bar?
    The other question is about the saddles, from what I can tell the individual saddles are not height adjustable. Is this true?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.