Strat with no markings, logo or serial number

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Martinjbull21, Jun 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mhannigan

Mhannigan Strat-Talk Member

Buying a fender decal certainly isn't against the law. Lol... What is it with people just making **** up and presenting it as fact in this forum. That's weird AF.

2. Mhannigan

3. Mhannigan

You can BUY whatever you want. When you buy a Fender decal, how are you to know it's not an officially licensed decal. If anything, the seller is on the hook. Not the buyer.

4. stevierayfan91

stevierayfan91 DEEPLY SHY.

It puzzles me that your defending counterfeited decals so much.

Thrup'ny Bit, Neil.C, CB91710 and 3 others like this.
  5. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Fuzz Meister General

Agreed, I see this guy getting the same response the OP did.

CB91710 likes this.
  6. Antstrat

Antstrat Most Honored Senior Member

18 Pages, how did I miss this?

Cliff notes anyone?

7. Stratoskater

Dude let it go. Legal or not it’s against the rules of this forum to post pics of or links to known counterfeit guitars. Just as it’s against the rules to post links to eBay or other site ads for fakes even as a PSA to warn others. Strat Talk admins wants to stay as far away from anything revolving around fake Fender decals.

CB91710 and Antstrat like this.
  8. ibdrkn1

ibdrkn1 Strat-O-Master

Since you have made necks you certainly have more knowledge than I do.

To the best of my knowledge, the skunk stripe exists so that a one piece Maple neck can have a truss rod (which is routed/installed from the rear). When they started using Rosewood they were able to install the rod (with a curved filler strip) without the rear route. Some models have a Maple cap but since it's not a one piece neck again they don't need the rear route.

Someone can tell me if I'm wrong but I don't think the modern Rosewood board necks use a filler strip to create the needed curve, I think they are just routed with a curve (like the one piece Maple necks) so the rear access is still needed.

I didn't think Fender or Squier did a Maple cap with Skunk Stripe.

9. Stratoskater

Guy buys partscaster with no logo, gets told Fender sold unbranded seconds and because this guitar plays so good it must be one. Story gets debunked, OP puts fender decal on headstock, poop hits a big fan.

10. Oldboy

Oldboy Senior Stratmaster

That's easy. Fender does not license anyone to make or sell after market decals nor do they themselves sell their real ones. They also do not allow any of the officially licensed neck manufacturers to apply any sort of Fender decals to their necks.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    Neil.C, CB91710, Stratoskater and 3 others like this.
  11. rolandson

rolandson Dr. Stratster

The counterfeit decal is "counterfeit goods".
    As to the definition of "trafficking"...
    A) Since the 1982 revision of the act, under policy of the justice department and not by statute, the buyer of a counterfeit item for personal use, while not indemnified, would not be subject to prosecution (though not codified) by the federal government ...

the seller however, enjoys no such indemnification.

B) The exponential rise in counterfeit goods and human trafficking since the turn of the century, both federal and state/local interpretation in how "trafficking" is defined and thus enforced has been in flux. What was a policy of disinterest at the federal level has shifted to prosecutorial discretion.

None of which makes the purchase of counterfeit decals legal, or harmless.

Lol.

ETA:
    Does it appear as though we've a rather poorly informed dealer in decals in the mix?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  12. stratocarlster

stratocarlster Most Honored Senior Member

Yeah, people making up stuff on the internet. What's up with that?

13. stratocarlster

stratocarlster Most Honored Senior Member

Agreed, but I don't recall any personal attacks. Unless amused scepticism and good natured sarcasm count as personal attacks these days.

14. Antstrat

Antstrat Most Honored Senior Member

Lately it seems there's been several threads started by new people that are worded just so to create controversy. I kinda wonder if it's one person with clever computer skills that has mental issues getting even with the world for some imaginary revenge.

rolandson, Intune and Stratoskater like this.
  15. Stratoskater

Yeah I’m betting a few are a multi account situation.

Neil.C and Antstrat like this.
  16. Wound_Up

Wound_Up CUSTOM USER TITLE Silver Member

My guess is that, Fender let's them exist because there are legitimate people that need them through legit avenues to restore a genuine Fender back to original or replace a decal after a headstock break and re-nitro, etc...

And since Fender doesn't openly provide those, they allow aftermarket mfgs to produce and sell them. The company can't control what the customer does once they get that decal. IMO, It's not a counterfeit decal until it gets put on a fake Fender and then tried to pass off as genuine.

17. Mhannigan

Dude, I'm not in the forum to comment on the forum. Self-important much? Who cares about the forum? The forum is just a place for the discussion. What a weird AF reply!

18. Mhannigan

Yeah, if an opinion doesn't agree with yours, it must be coming from a fake account. I think your account is fake. How about that?

19. Stratoskater

This forum is a community many of us really like. We do not want to see it sued and as such we follow the rules. Those who don’t get banned. Don’t worry you’ll be there soon I’m sure. Go read the rules and educate yourself.

https://www.strat-talk.com/threads/strat-talk-rules-please-read-before-you-post.373080/

Intune likes this.
  20. Mhannigan

You might want to read through the thread again. There are plenty of keyboard alphas here accusing the guy of being a fraudster, trafficking counterfeit goods, warming up the audience to fine-tune his defrauding skills, etc. It's pretty common for any group of forum regulars to treat new members like this. It's like they feel like their territory has been invaded or something and they need to set them straight with their Superior wisdom. Certainly isn't a good way to grow a forum. To be completely unwelcoming of new visitors and personally attack them. It's here, you just have to open your eyes to see it. I don't know this guy from adam, and I think he's probably an idiot if he thinks that guitar is a fender, but I also find all the senior members attacking him and pretending to be lawyers to be pretty disgusting and childish. Probably the type of people that buy relic'ed guitars.

Imo, senior members that act like this in any form should be stripped of their status and put back to new member status to earn it all over again, and remember that they're just to fellow musician not a judge.

Kharma Bodies likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.