Join Strat-Talk Today

Stratocaster Vintera 50`s Modified vs Jimmie Vaughan signature

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by aunevik, Aug 18, 2019.

1. aunevik

aunevik New Member!

Hi!!

Any thoughts on the new vintera 50`s series? anoyone who ownes one?

i tried the modified one, in sunburst and it was fantastic. the store didnt have the "normal" vintera 50`s strat but want to try before i buy. im also considering the jimmy vaughan signature. any thoughts? :D

2. rafasounds

rafasounds Senior Stratmaster

I had a Jimmie Vaughan for a while. It was an older one from The 90s, so it had The poplar body. It had probably the nicest neck I've felt, but to my ears didn't have a very characteristic Strat tone, due to, I think, the poplar body and Tex mex pickups. But that was just my experience. I would go Vintera all the way.

aunevik likes this.
  3. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Senior Stratmaster

The pickups in my Vintera 70's are great. I compared it to my 1979 strat, with the same Ernie Ball 10-46 classic rock-n-roll pure nickel strings through the same amp with the same settings..

My 79 sounds awesome.

The bridge pickup on the Vintera sounded exactly the same as the 79.

The middle and neck pickups on the Vintera sounded better than the 79, which is all original, by the way.

Next strat I'm gonna try is the Vintera 50's. I had a first year Jimmy Vaughn, and I wasn't impressed with the pickups, but loved the neck.

If the Vintera 50's is made as well as the 70s, I think you would be pleased.

aunevik likes this.
  4. archetype

archetype Senior Stratmaster

Search for Jimmie Vahghan Strat here on Strat-Talk. There are lots of threads that examine the guitar in detail. I had a 96/97 sunburst with the first version of the JLV neck and hate myself for trading it. Some folks just don't like the Tex Mex pickups, but the majority of complaints are cured by running the pickups low to the pickguard. From firsthand experience, if you do that you can get very Stratty tone, they're versatile, and responsive to the tone controls. I really liked the TM set.

aunevik likes this.
  5. Mirragarn

Mirragarn New Member!

I picked up a 50s modified sunburst a couple of weeks ago. There’s not many of them in Australia yet. Apart from having to get a bit of work done on the nut (slots were too tight and not deep enough) it’s been fantastic. The neck is beautiful and the S1 switching provides some more tonal flavours. Very happy with it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.