Stringjoy Nickel Wound Electric Guitar Strings

Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by gjohnson441496, Sep 22, 2018.

1. gjohnson441496

gjohnson441496 Senior Stratmaster

Going through strings. GHS Boomers 11's sound great on the strat, but I put them on the Silvertone 1449 and they had no tone. D'Addario 11 balanced set sounded slightly thin but bearable. So, I decided to try a local company that hand wound their strings. Put em on, stretched them properly, and after about 2 hours of practice they were still in tune. Furthermore, Stringjoy strings are, hands down, the best sounding strings I've heard so far. They are very supple too. Reminds me of how the Thomas-Infeld powerbass strings on my bass feel. I bought a set of balanced 10 - 48 for the Silvertone 1449, and a set of balanced 11 - 50 to put on the strat tomorrow. The Stringjoy's are suppose to be able to keep their tone long. That's yet to be seen, but so far I'm digging the sound, feel, and intonation.

https://www.stringjoy.com

Triple Jim likes this.
  2. Offshore Angler

Offshore Angler Senior Stratmaster

Well, the dirty secret of the guitar industry is that only a couple of people actually make strings. It's all branding after that. Chances are high that they are the same as all the others you use.

3. gjohnson441496

They aren't. They're local here in Nashville. I've met the owner. They're the real deal. You should try a set.

nickmsmith likes this.
  4. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Guy Who Likes to Play Guitar Silver Member

I would, but I don't see any ground wound (semi-flat) strings on their site.

gjohnson441496 likes this.
  5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Dr. Stratster

I use them for my specialty hybrid bass/guitar strings. Usually between 70s and 85s
    All good experiences.

As far as regular sets, musicians gear makes good electric strings for dirt cheap, so I go with those.

gjohnson441496 likes this.
  6. gjohnson441496

Yeah, they don’t have a lot of choices but the ones they make have lots of tone, at least the ones I bought. I now find all five switches on my strat useful.