Supro Keeley, Princeton or Other Pedal Platform

GhostJam47

Strat-O-Master
Apr 21, 2021
Seattle
Starting to think about upgrading my Blues Jr.

Need bedroom volumes, so really just looking for the ideal pedal platform.

Supro Keeley is designed for it, but there's not a ton of reviews out there.

The Princeton seems like another good option. I recently bought a Flint for Tremolo/Reverb, so don't really need these onboard.

Anyone w. experience with the Supro Keeley?

uncle daddy

Strat-O-Master
May 16, 2020
UK
I can't get my Princeton Reverb anywhere near cooking temperature in a bedroom, but it makes a fabulous pedal platform. I like clean with a touch of hair, which usually gets the hmmm of dissapproval from Mrs D.

Tsjackson

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 15, 2016
UK
Starting to think about upgrading my Blues Jr.

Need bedroom volumes, so really just looking for the ideal pedal platform.

Supro Keeley is designed for it, but there's not a ton of reviews out there.

The Princeton seems like another good option. I recently bought a Flint for Tremolo/Reverb, so don't really need these onboard.

Anyone w. experience with the Supro Keeley?

Not tried a supro keeley but I’ve got a supro delta king 12 and it’s excellent. Can’t speak for its pedal handling abilities though, sorry

Eric_G

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 10, 2021
Quebec
Did you look on youtube.. founds loads of video on the Keeley...

This one is specificaly oriented to pedal platform...

GhostJam47

Strat-O-Master
Apr 21, 2021
Seattle
Did you look on youtube.. founds loads of video on the Keeley...

This one is specificaly oriented to pedal platform...

thanks. been mostly doing general google searches. Sweetwater, etc. reviews are limited. And not a ton on TGP, which is surprising.

Jimbo99

Senior Stratmaster
Jun 5, 2021
Palm Coast, FL
I prefer the Tone King product line with their built in attenuators myself, but that's another level of price point. Particularly the Falcon Grande with it's attenuator and triple voicing for Rhythm/Tweed/Lead. You can get the new sound you're looking to upgrade to and still keep your Tweed sound.

https://www.toneking.com/products/amps/falcon-grande/

I don't think you go wrong with either a Supro or Fender of a similar circuit either way. To me it would come down to the best deal between a Fender & Supro. With the Supro you really have to be on board with the faded, broken in Denim tolex color, they call it Blue Rhino Hide.

telepraise

Strat-O-Master
Feb 20, 2019
Tampa Bay
Don't have experience with Supro but my '65 Princeton Reverb Reissue SE (12") is amazing. Those blackface cleans are incredible, you'll be amazed at the difference from your BJ. Takes all manner of pedals great. Speaker choice makes a big difference.

Bladesg

Funk Meister
Silver Member
Oct 31, 2013
Australia
I’m sure they’re all great but I would go a 65 DRRI. Install a Celestion Alnico Cream and you got an amp that’s as good as it gets!

Ebidis

Providing the world with flat bends since 1985
Nov 14, 2013
Alabama
I have never heard of the Supro Keeley until now, but I can tell you from many years of experience that a Princeton is excellent as a pedal platform.

bgmacaw

Senior Stratmaster
Dec 16, 2014
Near Athens, GA
I can't get my Princeton Reverb anywhere near cooking temperature in a bedroom, but it makes a fabulous pedal platform. I like clean with a touch of hair, which usually gets the hmmm of dissapproval from Mrs D.

I have a '73 Princeton Reverb and I have the same problem. I usually run it into a load box and IR cab then into monitors or headphones to avoid annoying my wife when she's watching episodes of Really Drunk Housewives downstairs.

GhostJam47

Strat-O-Master
Apr 21, 2021
Seattle
Don't have experience with Supro but my '65 Princeton Reverb Reissue SE (12") is amazing. Those blackface cleans are incredible, you'll be amazed at the difference from your BJ. Takes all manner of pedals great. Speaker choice makes a big difference.

The low volume is key for me, which is why that Keeley version really seems up my alley. My eyes were on a Princeton until I stumbled across this.

The bang for the buck seems there.

Handsome McClane

Senior Stratmaster
Sep 6, 2020
Sacramento
I've got a modern reissue Supro 1606 Super. It's built like a tank, it's simple as heck, and the tone is spectacular. I'd take a good look at that Keeley before moving on to something more complicated and possibly not built to last.