Join Strat-Talk Today

Surprised by sound test

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by axejock, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Zeekrider

Zeekrider Strat-Talker

Thanks for the info. It would be Duckbuckers or Vintage Rails for my taste. Which is cleaner/brighter/chime-ier?

2. Seymour Duncan

Seymour Duncan Senior Stratmaster

They are really close in tone, with the slight edge in chime to the Duckbuckers.

Zeekrider likes this.
  3. axejock

axejock Senior Stratmaster

I'm a little confused. My Hot Rails in the bridge position of my Strat don't sound all that "extreme", in fact I find the performance to be hot, but not objectionable....in fact to me, they actually sound clean and bright!

4. Seymour Duncan

Seymour Duncan Senior Stratmaster

Maybe it was wired in parallel? While I absolutely respect your ears and your guitar, I've never heard a Hot Rails described that way.

Kester likes this.
  5. axejock

axejock Senior Stratmaster

I've got guitars that span just about every tone range and don't disagree that the hot rails are very hot, but combined with a vintage middle rail and a cool neck rail, the tones can be kept reasonable. A hot pickup to me is something like the EMG LTD Eclipse guitar with active EMG's.....those ARE metal defined! I do not know how 920D wired my "Rails Pickguard", but I've liked that setup from the beginning!

Seymour Duncan likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.