Sweetwater’s “stake.”

CB91710

No GAS shortage here
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Feb 24, 2019
SoCal
They buy ad space on whatever ad-feeder the forum uses.
I don't see ads here, but I see Sweetwater ads on many sites that I visit.... sites totally unrelated to music.
The ads are targeted based on your browsing habits by Google/Meta/Yahoo.
Someone new to the forum and new to music might see ads for automobiles or sporting goods.

Dick Blackmore

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 10, 2017
Black Hole
The ads come from the data stored in your browser. If you go on Sweetwater and look at guitars on that device or sometimes, any device on your network, you will see ads tailored to you. They also track your IP address if you are not obfuscating that. They place data in multiple packages now so deleting history is only a fraction of that data.

Bowmap

100 seconds to midnight
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 23, 2017
Third Door Down
I guess I will need to log out to see them.

EDIT: The ads for Sweetwater. Not anything in latex.

Bowmap

100 seconds to midnight
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 23, 2017
Third Door Down
Yeah... SW trying to entice into $4K plus guitars. When they start showing me body blanks I might get interested.

CB91710

No GAS shortage here
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Feb 24, 2019
SoCal
The ads come from the data stored in your browser. If you go on Sweetwater and look at guitars on that device or sometimes, any device on your network, you will see ads tailored to you. They also track your IP address if you are not obfuscating that. They place data in multiple packages now so deleting history is only a fraction of that data.
Yep.
Adblock does a good job on the desktop, but I get them on the computers at work (even though IT has ad blocking software installed, I think they're only blocking pop-ups), and I'll get Sweetwater and Midway on Facebook.

soulman969

Most Honored Senior Member
Jan 5, 2016
Fort Collins, CO
Want to eliminate ads? Dial 1-888- Ad Block.....:thumb: (not a real phone number)

It's not that I want to cut Strat-Talk out of a revenue stream but I've bought from every major retailer out there and quite a few minor ones as well.

When I'm shopping or buying I know where to find each and every one of them online or I can simply click on an ad that hits my inbox and they do.....every single day.

33db

Senior Stratmaster
Dec 14, 2018
Earth
I haven't purchased anything from them in a while, they are really the only online store I bought music gear from. Unless for some reason I couldn't find it there. I wonder if they are still as good as they were then.

Stratafied

Dr. Stratster
Oct 29, 2019
North of South
I haven't purchased anything from them in a while, they are really the only online store I bought music gear from. Unless for some reason I couldn't find it there. I wonder if they are still as good as they were then.
I recently purchased a pedal from them. They seemed very professional, I’d make another purchase.