Sweetwater Appreciation Thread`

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Tremoluxer, Aug 8, 2021.

1. arct

arct Strat-O-Master

lolz out loud

rct

2. Tone Deaf

Tone Deaf Most Honored Senior Member

Nothing but positives from me for my dealing with Sweetwater.

3. Intune

Intune Senior Stratmaster

I’ve had good and bad experiences with sweetwater. I’ll still buy from them but I have to get old school about it and pickup my rotary phone and give em a call.

If I order online like we’re living in the future or something, I can place the order, the item is mine and my money is gone. The next day my rep Cameron calls with “oh man we didn’t actually have those in stock, did you want your money back”. That happened 3 times for 3 different items. It actually said “in stock” on the website.

So now if I order from them I have to call, email and send in a written letter to make sure it’s in stock.

4. Wayne Adams

Wayne Adams Strat-O-Master

So far, I've had no complaints at all. I'd still rather buy from a local dealer, but if it's an extra 30%, I'll go online every time.

5. stratfanGB

stratfanGB Strat-Talker

Nothing but good things to say about Sweetwater.

I come from a customer service background. Nobody comes close to the attention to detail, personal customer communication, large inventory, fast shipping, and yes...Follow-up after the sale! These are the things I want and expect. I have ordered everything from just accessories to guitar packages with a discount and every transaction was flawless.

I have read here about so many bad experiences with G.C. Reverb, Amazon, locals, and everybody else...I just don't want the headaches.
    Sweetwater provides excellence with every order and has truly EARNED my business.

6. muttonbuster

muttonbuster Strat-Talker

Democratic People's Republic of California.
    The only thing I've gotten from them is my ESP Kamikaze 1, sheesh time flies that was in 2006. I liked that they were really up front that it would take a few months for ESP's custom shop in Tokyo to make it, and checked on the progress a couple of times for me.

7. Tylerlayne

Tylerlayne Strat-Talker

I bought my PRS CE24 from Sweetwater a little over a month ago. Their sales guy Phil Potts was very helpful with my purchase. Answered any questions I had. Very easy smooth purchase. I have ordered other things from them also and always had a good experience. Now FEDEX is another story. I bought a case for my PRS at the same time I bought the guitar. Both were shipped the same day in separate boxes. They took different routes from Indiana to St Augustine. My guitar arrived first and the next day my case showed as arriving in Jacksonville ( about 30 miles north of St Augustine) with a delivery date for the next day. The next day, no case. Tracking said in transit to destination. The next day tracking showed it was in Kentucky. That is no fault of Sweetwater just some FEDEX idiot who put it on the wrong truck.

soulman969 likes this.
  8. Andrew Wasson

Andrew Wasson Senior Stratmaster

Interesting timing. I left a message for Zack at Sweetwater yesterday about a guitar I don’t need. I’ve bought a few things from them. Nothing but good experiences. I’ve mostly bought electronics and some digital things for recording.

@Stonetone, I haven’t bought a guitar from Sweetwater yet but I did the math and including shipping and exchange, it’s still a better deal from Sweetwater than L&M on the guitar I was looking at.

soulman969 and Stonetone like this.
  9. Stonetone

Stonetone Most Honored Senior Member

Yeah I avoid L&M like the Black Plague :) although i have to say I'm getting good service and pricing from LA Musique in Ontario the gave me a good discount, free delivery and i only paid Ontario tax as opposed to Quebec sales tax which is stupid high
    and guitar was delivered in a timely Manner, so will try them again for my next guitar :thumb:

Andrew Wasson likes this.
  10. Tremoluxer

Tremoluxer Strat-Talker Gold Supporting Member

Andrew Wasson likes this.
  11. Seamus OReally

Seamus OReally Mr. Serious Gold Supporting Member

If you find “hobbyist” to be “dismissive,” that’s your problem. Perhaps you’d prefer “amateur.” My point was that Sweetwater competes with the audio pros they sell to, and you have to be an idiot to send money to your competitors.

12. LawFlow

LawFlow Strat-Talker

Sweetwater is good. No complaints. I've had very good experiences with Zzounds as well. No salesmen, just good products and service.

soulman969 likes this.
  13. KillingTone

KillingTone Strat-O-Master

90%+ of my gear purchases in the past 5 years have been through Sweetwater. Their combination of price, advice, and service can't be beat (for me). I have used ZZounds as well. They have a shipping center in NJ and I am near Philly so I have gotten some things overnight for free, Very cool! I have had a couple of customer service issues with Zzounds and they are very professional and have always made it right for me.

soulman969 likes this.
  14. bbarott

bbarott Most Honored Senior Member

Interesting. I'll have to digest this.

15. soulman969

soulman969 Senior Stratmaster

I would agree that zZounds is another very good dealer as is Sam Ash whom I've also done some business with lately through their Sarasota, FL store. The personal attention I received there was very similar to Sweetwater even on used gear.

I truly don't understand where GC/MF believes they're headed with this current business plan of ship it in whatever shape from wherever. They're driving buyers to their competitors and seemingly just one step short of a complete clearance sale.

16. Andrew Wasson

Andrew Wasson Senior Stratmaster

Well, I dodged a bullet. No new guitar for me. My guy at Sweetwater emailed me and let me know the one I was interested in isn’t available. I’m going to bank the money, just in case he can find one for me though.

17. stratocarlster

stratocarlster Most Honored Senior Member

18. Bob Spumoni

Bob Spumoni Senior Stratmaster

Yep. They are among the best companies I have ever dealt with, whatever the product. They seem genuinely eager to do their best by the customer. In an era of slackjawed, drooling incompetence, we should be grateful.

Andrew Wasson and KillingTone like this.
  19. Bob Spumoni

Bob Spumoni Senior Stratmaster

Your anger, unrelated in all likelihood to Sweetwater, poisons your insight. Too bad. Spend a little time in the sun.

20. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Dr. Stratster

LMAO...Thanks for the uninformed opinion and advice.

Here's some for you. Spend a little time working on yourself and live as you wish the world to be, instead of pretending you either have the qualifications or the insight to pass judgment on people and things you know absolutely zip about.