Join Strat-Talk Today

Sweetwater

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Stonetone, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Stonetone

Stonetone Strat-O-Master

Hello all, just curious how do people rate sweetwater for purchasing gear I’m from Canada so maybe no adavantage to buying from them but I see a lot of good info and gear from them

Yaralag, jdelberta, dante1963 and 2 others like this.
  2. Ian Ashdown

Ian Ashdown Strat-Talk Member

Can not fault them in any way. They have been great for me, even when there was a bit of a problem.

Do it! You won’t be unhappy.

rgbedard, jdelberta, Caddy and 4 others like this.
  3. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Most Honored Senior Member

Sweetwater’s customer service rocks!

jdelberta, Murphcaster, Caddy and 6 others like this.
  4. Class A Knob

Class A Knob Senior Stratmaster

Their customer service is top notch. I'm pretty sure they have a 2 year warranty on everything they sell (regardless of manufacturer warranty).

Their financing has made my dreams come true. Or at least I was able to acquire some gear with 0% interest.

Jesse414, jdelberta, Caddy and 4 others like this.
  5. Stonetone

Stonetone Strat-O-Master

True enough but it’s hard to purchase a guitar without trying it and it’s a shame they don’t have a Canadian outlet :(

myredstrat likes this.
  6. dogletnoir

dogletnoir V----V Strat-Talk Supporter

When you buy a guitar from them, they have pictures of that exact instrument,
    and they post its weight also... that's nice!
    And as previously mentioned, Sweetwater's customer service is awesome.
    If you have a problem with a purchase, it's easy to speak to a real person either
    on the phone or through online chat, and they seem to really care about making things
    right for you.
    If you purchase a guitar, they also have a 'no questions asked' return policy within a
    reasonable time frame (30 days, iirc) for anything that isn't flagged as a 'special order'.
    Not only is that good for you when you buy something new, it also means that often you
    can get a bit of a discount on the same item that was returned because of buyer's remorse,
    or for whatever other reason. They inspect it, refurb if necessary, and then list it as a 'demo'
    model at a reduced price.
    i've never had an issue with any of the 'demo' stuff i've purchased from them, either.
    i always enjoy chatting with my personal sales engineer about general music stuff, too.
    He never seems like he's in a rush to get me out of his hair as soon as the sale is made.
    That's the personal touch.
    :thumb: :thumb:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    rgale, rgbedard, 3bolt79 and 9 others like this.
  7. Stonetone

Stonetone Strat-O-Master

Yes I read a lot of great reviews and articles from them so I was curious on strat talk user experience with them :thumb:

jdelberta likes this.
  8. knh555

knh555 Senior Stratmaster

I've had good experiences with them both buying and returning a couple guitars. I recommend you request a pre-sales rep who can talk to and press for discounts. I find they'll usually knock something off the price if you simply ask.

3bolt79, jdelberta, davidKOS and 3 others like this.
  9. Stonetone

Stonetone Strat-O-Master

Ahh yeah customer service is so important it’s much better than barGain basement shops with no service or humanity

3bolt79, jdelberta and dogletnoir like this.
  10. Samwell885

Samwell885 Strat-Talk Member

Just bought an amp from them today. I’ve spent a lot of money there. Always helpful and a pleasure to deal with.

11. ryunker

ryunker Senior Stratmaster

I visit them every year in June for their "gearfest" its a great time, although I have purchased from there, I have purchased way more from MF and GC. "Gearfest" is just a short 93 days away. Have had hotel reservations since last June.

12. Stonetone

Stonetone Strat-O-Master

The little candies they ship with your order is a great touch. :)

13. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Fuzz Meister General Strat-Talk Supporter

Well to be fair the only have one location in the US. I’ve bought 4 guitars from them. Best service in the industry.

14. Stratafied

Stratafied Senior Stratmaster

Do you have your eye on something.

15. Kayden33

Kayden33 Strat-O-Master

Well I’ve had more pros than cons. Every guitar, pedal or amp I’ve ordered cane properly boxed and setup was near perfect. Customer Service is where Sweetwater shines, some of the best and hard to beat. Also they give you your own Sales person to assist and help you, so any time you need help or anything you get the same person each time. Great because it makes it personal while staying professional.

Now my bad experience, I ordered 4 - 12” Eminence speakers and they had to be replaced three times because the packing of the boxes was poorly packaged and the shipping box was thin boxing - not double corrugated or anything strong. Each speaker box was ripping/pushing through because of the poor padding and cheap shipping box. All three times I sent pics and called Sweetwater back frustrated. They apologized and said the shipping would be better next time but it was always the same. If the speakers were in a double corrugated shipping box with packaging materials inside to keep them from moving around everything would be great. On one of those three occasions when the speaker boxes pushed/punched through the main shipping box that from raining and moving from shipping truck to shipping truck the speakers got horribly wet. Anyways I know UPS/FedEx can be rough on packages but seriously this is why something as somewhat fragile as a speaker should be properly packaged.

Eventually I got my money back and went to Musicians Friend. I explained my issues with Sweetwater packaging and Musicians Friend assured and said they would do a secure packaging but it would take an extra two days and no extra cost. When I received my 4 new speakers I was blown away with how great the packaging was. Seriously amazed. You would have thought I ordered a JennAir kitchen appliance or something lol. They placed 4 inch styrofoam on all sides and bubble wrapped each speaker box with 4 wraps lol. The main shipping box was double corrugated as well. I kept the double corrugated box and all the packing because it was so nice. Btw I ended up going with Celestion speakers over Eminence. I don’t wanna get into the discussion of that but let’s just say I’ll never buy Eminence speakers again ever. I was blown away by the Celestion compared to Eminence. And I’m more than in love with the Celestion’s.

Other than that bad experience where Sweetwater couldn’t get it right, I’ve always been more than happy.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    3bolt79, davidKOS and Stonetone like this.
  16. Lionpotato

Lionpotato Strat-Talk Member

Sweetwater is an hour away from me. The best customer service hands down. Chuck founded the company on how he as a customer would like to be treated. Great return policy. Beautiful campus!

omahaaudio, rgale, jdelberta and 5 others like this.
  17. scooteraz

scooteraz Strat-Talker

I love them. Never had a bad experience with them. The once or twice that they have shipped me something that is wrong in some way, they have resolved the problem post haste. One of the few places where I would get a guitar without actually playing it first.

jdelberta, fos1 and dante1963 like this.
  18. dante1963

dante1963 Strat-O-Master

I’m a big fan.

I switched to Sweetwater recently after having a a couple of bad experiences with Musicians Friend—with whom I’d been buying from for years.

And last year, I bought a Gibson ‘61 SG Standard from Sweetwater and the experience was flawless. The instrument perfectly set up exactly the way I asked, and the customer service was absolutely first-rate.

And, by a really funny coincidence, THIS is sitting 20 feet away from me right now:

38B9E2CA-5F26-4958-8033-D81B3C33ABB4.jpeg

It’s a Marshall JTM45 with its cover in the smaller box.

I sprayed the hell out of both boxes with Lysol, and I’ll wait another day to open it all up, just in case.

But I’m confident that if I find any wrong (anything not viral, that is), that Sweetwater will make it right.

jdelberta, tery, JB74 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Ongo Gablogian

Ongo Gablogian Strat-Talk Member

Pretty much only place I buy from if I'm buying new!

jdelberta likes this.
  20. jrbirdman

jrbirdman Senior Stratmaster

Top notch company with genuine people. Easy to buy with confidence.
    I’ve bought to much gear from them to mention. Love the zero % interest on most big ticket items.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.