Join Strat-Talk Today

Sweetwater

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Stonetone, Mar 25, 2020.

1. CDox

CDox Strat-Talk Member

Long time Sweetwater customer. I have never ordered a guitar online but I have ordered a sh%t ton of other gear from Sweetwater. Highly recommend them.

davidKOS, Stonetone and dante1963 like this.
  2. RB522

RB522 Strat-Talker

My wife and I both use Sweetwater. They are the best to deal with that I've found. Last year I bought an Ibanez bass from them, and it arrived perfectly set up and intonated. It was even in tune ! We've never had a bad experience in all of our dealings with them.

dogletnoir and davidKOS like this.
  3. Strums

Strums Strat-O-Master

Never had a bad experience with SW. My ONLY issue is that they continue to contact you after you buy something. Some call it customer service, some call it pestering. You decide.

davidKOS and tery like this.
  4. fos1

fos1 Strat-Talker Strat-Talk Supporter

I have purchased several pieces of gear from Sweetwater including two Ibanez guitars. The shopping experience is excellent. They provide 10+ high resolution pictures of any guitar you are considering. Your personal sales rep can also provide reliable feedback. After receipt, you can return the item within 30 days for any reason. They have equipment available that may be difficult to find in the local market. I have always had a very positive experience.

fos1

5. Tone Deaf

Tone Deaf Senior Stratmaster

5 Stars from me.
    They do it right.
    My Engineer Rep is top notch, always generous with time and never a bother.

davidKOS and Stonetone like this.
  6. jim293

jim293 Strat-O-Master

Sweetwater is the best. They are pretty much the only ones i will buy from. I had a great sales guy and I found out that he had quit or something happened. His name was Tyler Davis and he would call randomly and just chat and see how things were going. My new guy seems pretty nice but he is no Tyler.

Tone Deaf and davidKOS like this.
  7. tery

tery Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Sweetwater is 15 to 20% more expensive than MF . On a thousand dollar guitar that's $150 to $200 bucks .
    Other than that they are great … and you get a little bag of candy .

8. Lone Woof

Lone Woof Senior Stratmaster

My only experience was with the purchase of a keyboard stand I intended to use for a lap steel. After I bought it, I saw the exact same stand with a different brand name on it for $30 less from another online retailer. I sent photos to the sales rep and asked if Sweetwater could make a price adjustment. I didn't ask them to match the price, just make a price adjustment. I would have been fine with a $15 discount. He said the other retailer's price was lower than what it cost Sweetwater, so there was nothing he could do. Understand, the photos showed the EXACT same stand, but with a different sticker on it. I sent him photos of both the other stand and the one Sweetwater sold and challenged him to identify which was which. He ignored my request, but offered to refund my purchase if I sent it back. To Sweetwater's credit, they emailed me a prepaid shipping label and I was refunded the full amount.

Other than this, I have to say they do the best job of any online retailer with their guitar listings. The photos are exceptional and it's great that they list the weight. I would have no problems ordering a guitar from them. I would just rather be able to have the guitar in hand before buying it.

davidKOS and tery like this.
  9. jim293

jim293 Strat-O-Master

If you call them and ask for a discount they will usually hook you up. I never pay what they advertise for.

davidKOS likes this.
  10. stratmatt777

stratmatt777 Strat-Talker

A++++++

davidKOS likes this.
  11. dante1963

dante1963 Strat-O-Master

Not always. Their online prices are usually the same (but who pays those?)

When I bought my SG last year, I called MF and they offered me 15% off. I called Sweetwater and got it for 20% off.

The JTM45 sitting there was 16% off list and 36 months no interest on their card. I know MF (if I was still willing to do business with them) would not have gone over 15% (It's only 1%, but still...)

The one thing Sweetwater does not have is the 8% loyalty rewards program. I used that all the time at MF to bring prices down. But my purchases are down to one big item a year from now on, so it's less useful for me, than it used to be.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    dogletnoir, davidKOS and tery like this.
  12. davidKOS

davidKOS sheltered Strat-Talk Supporter

I'm another long-time satisfied customer.

That's how I chose the Jackson pictured above. I also chose my Variax the same way.

dante1963, tery and dogletnoir like this.
  13. Rudedawg

Rudedawg Strat-Talker

Sweetwater is a good company to deal with; never had a problem with any orders from them. Their customer service is top notch and are competitive in their pricing also. Not sure if anyone else experienced this but when you place an order they assign a particular customer service rep to follow up with you to make sure everything was ok with the order. That person will then be your go to rep for future orders or just for product related questions.

dogletnoir and dante1963 like this.
  14. dante1963

dante1963 Strat-O-Master

That's actually one thing I should have mentioned. When I purchased my SG, I was assigned a rep, and he's awesome. Last week, I needed an adapter cable. A $5 or $6 item. I wasn't sure if I was ordering the right thing, and I sent him an email asking about it. He called me and went over it with me.

He spent the same amount of care and effort making sure I was happy with a $5 purchase as he did with a $2000+ amplifier order and an expensive guitar purchase. I can't think of any other company of any sort that has given me that level of customer service.

JP68, Caddy and dogletnoir like this.
  15. 33db

33db Senior Stratmaster

I bought 3 guitars, Les Paul, Strat and Tele online from Sweetwater, all were fine after set up, you can also pay extra and they will set the guitar up to your specifications, and if you want you can have it pleked.
    Good service, even when there was a problem they solved it quickly with minimum hassle.

dogletnoir and dante1963 like this.
  16. Caddy

Caddy Strat-Talker

I'm also a big fan. Nice to be able to see great pictures of a number of guitars of the same model and pick the one you want by wood grain and weight and order that by serial number.

They have great customer service with really knowledgeable staff, something that used to be commonplace years ago but now seems very rare. That means as much to be as price. They also do thorough inspections and basic setups on any guitars over like $299 or so.

Tone Deaf likes this.
  17. GoldenEagle0308

GoldenEagle0308 Strat-O-Master

Love Sweetwater!

18. Tone Deaf

Tone Deaf Senior Stratmaster

My rep at SW never does this to me.

dante1963 and jdelberta like this.
  19. Murphcaster

Murphcaster Strat-O-Master

What's also great about Sweetwater is that you, the customer, can set the parameters for this. You have the option to be notified by phone, by e-mail, or...wait for it...not at all (not including receiving notifications about purchases).

Just wanted to throw that out there so that this post isn't misunderstood.

Caddy and jdelberta like this.
  20. jdelberta

jdelberta New Member!

Sweetwater is great, I've had good experiences with AMS(American Musical Supply)too. Both have great 0% interest payment plans.

I'm a lefty so buying guitars online is a fact of life for me. At least decent guitars, I see lefty things in the local shops that are shaped like guitars, they have strings attached. But after a couple of strums it doesn't a person to long realize that is a piece of crap.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.