Join Strat-Talk Today

SWINE FLU!!!

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by firesgt911, Nov 30, 2009.

1. peskypesky

peskypesky -------

my father is a heart surgeon, and even though he's spent his life cutting people open and doing all sorts of surgeries and amputations and whatnot, he is always warning me about the dangers of common colds and flus. they seem minor to a lot of people, but make no mistake, they can be killers.

2. sarNz

sarNz Senior Stratmaster

it's true. the girl has some really weird thing. she cannot talk or walk forward. but she can walk backwards and talk fine, and run and talk fine as well. but when she slows down she can't do anything. pretty awful.

anyways, eat healthy, work out and be active.. that's all the medicine you really need!

3. peskypesky

peskypesky -------

most definitely eating healthy and avoiding cigarettes are of paramount importance in safe-guarding your health. but believe me, you will almost certainly need modern medicine to keep you alive at some point in your life. my mother was coughing up blood from pneumonia in april and was on the verge of death when she was admitted to the hospital. over a month later, she left, weakened but alive. no way she would have survived outside of a hospital...

4. firesgt911

firesgt911 Strat-Talker

I've been sick since Friday, and am showing no signs of improvement. I don't think I am that bad off though. Let's hope it doesn't take longer than a week.

5. sevycat

sevycat Custom Shop Cat Strat-Talk Supporter

Drink lots of fluids, as long as you can keep em down or in you. Sorry to hear that you have it. I think I had the flu in October, not sure what the heck it was. All I know is it TKO'ed me for about 3 days solid.

6. platypibri

platypibri Senior Stratmaster

I took the logo off the regular flu and put the Swine flu logo on so people would be more impressed with my suffering.

7. scotzoid

scotzoid Senior Stratmaster

I'm in a high risk group (diabetes), so it's definitely time I got my happya$$ down to the clinic for the shot.

8. peskypesky

peskypesky -------

do it!

9. Suthrn_BLU_Sman

Suthrn_BLU_Sman Strat-O-Master

Yes stay far away from the cigs. Nothing cool or fun about watching your mother laying in a hospital bed dieing from lung cancer and pneumonia.

10. Hugh

Hugh Got Punch ? Strat-Talk Supporter

LOL :D

11. Hugh

Hugh Got Punch ? Strat-Talk Supporter

Oh, the stigma ! Poor little piggie :D

12. Malikon

Malikon Dark Cabaret

I feel like such a horrible person for laughing so much in this thread, but first Piglets tied up and then this /\ comment had me in stitches. :)

Luckily I don't get sick very often though I'm a real baby when I do get sick. I roll up in a blanket and pass out for about 3 days. Wake up and ask myself, "do I feel better?" if the answer is no it's back to sleep. After about 3 days I'll wake up, take a shower to get all the sleep/sick/sweat off me and I'm usually pretty good to go. I've probably only gotten really sick around 4-5 times in my life.

On the other hand every person I know who gets a flu shot every year........gets sick.

13. peskypesky

peskypesky -------

i used to get the flu almost every year and it would kill me for about 4 days. since i started getting the flu shot, i haven't gotten it once. still catch a little cold now and then (like the one i have now), but that's to be expected when you ride NYC subways.

14. guitargeekaz

guitargeekaz Senior Stratmaster

My wife works ICU and she got the vaccine, and my son has asthma so he got the vaccine too. 4 coworkers of mine contracted the swine flu, and it hit all of them differently. It went straight to the lungs of one, another had muscle pain and vomiting.Yep, the flu is a strange beast that needs to be taken seriously. Hope you are feeling better soon!

15. Malikon

Malikon Dark Cabaret

threads like this make me wish I didn't teach kids music a few days a week, lol.

Now even MORE reason to wash my hands after every lesson.

(touching/tuning other peoples guitars all day, then rub your eyes??? YIKES!)

16. peskypesky

peskypesky -------

surgical gloves and mask

17. scotzoid

scotzoid Senior Stratmaster

Or a HAZ-MAT suit :rolleyes:

18. TexBiker

TexBiker Strat-O-Master

Chemical decom shower by the front door. My former employer used them whenever we were exposed to chemical/biological agents in the field. Their hair may fall out, but it's a temporary condition. :)

19. Malikon

Malikon Dark Cabaret

yeah I've got some students that sit there dripping out their nose, with hair that looks like it hasn't been washed in a week, holding a guitar that's covered in grime going, "can you tune this for me?"

5 seconds after I'm done tuning I'm down the hall washing my hands. :)

It's nothing personal, I'm just becoming a germaphobe, lol.

20. bloodmoon

bloodmoon Strat-Talk Member

Clean your keyboard if someone else uses it! Most folk don't think about it but I've gotten sick from my daughters twice because of it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.