Join Strat-Talk Today

SWINE FLU!!!

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by firesgt911, Nov 30, 2009.

1. hendrixfan

hendrixfan Senior Stratmaster

taking high strength vitamin c,multivitamins,and glucose will help you recover quicker

2. firesgt911

firesgt911 Strat-Talker

I never really thought about that either, but my Dr. told me twice to do it.

3. scotzoid

scotzoid Senior Stratmaster

Did it today! Arm's not even sore, so far so good! The seasonal flu shot I got last month left me feeling a little dragged out the next day, but nothing too bad, & I expect that should be the extent of it with this one.

Nothing pleasant about any experience that ends with someone poking me with a big needle, but of all the needle-related experiences I've had, this was, dare I say, the least unpleasant?

4. hendrixfan

hendrixfan Senior Stratmaster

going for my jab on the 15th,

5. Bangbang

Bangbang Senior Stratmaster

I am a nurse. Make sure you use Clorox....bleach is the only thing that kills the flu virus. My friend makes $160 an hour playing Santa and is booked till just after Xmas day. I am 58...with heart disease. IAM GOIN TO DIE! Then ya don't have to put up with my silly useless posts. I did ge the regular flu shot and most of my 10 grand kids have had the flu already so I might make it. My friend is 65.

6. TexBiker

TexBiker Strat-O-Master

Actually, influenza virus is quite fragile. Alcohol-based sanitizers easily deactivate all influenza viruses, along with most acidic sanitizers. The lipophilic and protein capsules are not particularly thick, especially when compared to hardy viruses such as HepA and most enteroviruses.

Not trying to be argumentative, but I wrote my a thesis on this subject when I got my MS in microbiology. Lots of bad info being spread around, so I try to nip it in the bud when I see it.

7. PeteG45

PeteG45 Strat-O-Master

Both my wife and daughter had it while I was home laid up from a surgery. I never caught it. My wife's led to a sinus infection which then required antibiotics. Our doctor (my wife's and mine) caught H1N1 and his led to pneumonia. He is a younger very physically fit guy. A little girl that used to be in my daughters class died from H1N1 complications earlier this fall. A child of well educated, intelligent people. It can strike the young quickly.

I'm not saying that this is going to kill us all or that the world is coming to an end (I'll leave that for the folks on TV). With some potential for real harm a little common sense would probably go a long way. If you've got it, stay home and rest until you're certain that you're feeling healthy.

Take care of yourselves.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.