1. Enter to Win one of two Strats we are giving away! An American Pro II Strat HSS and a Squier Classic Vibe Strat. To see the prizes and rules: https://www.strat-talk.com/pages/2020_Fundraiser_giveaway/ To enter: https://www.strat-talk.com/account/upgrades To enter, simply upgrade to silver (1 entry), gold (2 entries), platinum (5 entries), or double platinum supporting membership (10 entries). November 5th is the last day to enter!

T Buckett 300CE

Discussion in 'Acoustic Soundboard' started by Lonn, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member

Admin Post
    Picked this up on Facebook a couple of hours ago. Not bad at all although the action is pretty high but I’m one of those sissy electric players that can’t handle acoustic guitars anyway LOL. Needs a good clean and probably a new set of strings and I don’t think this one will be around very long just because I’m not much of an acoustic guy.The Fishman electronics sound really good though I must say.

7E0411F7-8CBD-4A87-9441-41F51836CC8D.jpeg 648C571A-AAFB-4488-BE86-0D47D8E1447A.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    3bolt79 and Stratafied like this.
  2. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Senior Stratmaster

Interesting inlay on the 12th fret....I've seen diamond ones that stay fit in between the frets and others that have an F with a filigree on either side, but none with a diamond that encroaches the 11th and 13th frets.... It have a year or anything on it? They did a marriage of the T-Buckett and the Sonoran at one point...but I don't recognize that inlay from those either...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    3bolt79 likes this.
  3. Lonn

Admin Post
    Now that you said that I did a Google search and found a couple, both this same color.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    3bolt79 likes this.
  4. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Senior Stratmaster

I found a few too..same everything except that inlay. I did find that inlay on the T-Biuckett/Sonora hybrid..but it had a completely different headstock.

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/Fender_Acoustic_Adds_Models_for_Summer_2012

I finally did find one with the same headstock and inlay for sale on reverb... odd that those were the only two with that particular inlay...thought there must be a story behind it. But maybe not...

3bolt79 likes this.
  5. Lonn

Admin Post
    Finally got to spend a little time with it yesterday and today. The action was far too high for my liking so I flattened out the neck a little bit with the truss rod and then I took a full eighth of an inch off the bottom of the saddle. I also polished the frets and oiled the fretboard and I’ll tell you it’s s an entirely different guitar. I don’t have an acoustic amplifier so playing through my amp the GBand E strings are fairly quiet unless I crank the volume and then the feedback starts to howl but it really feels quite nice at this point.

CD30DAA2-EBEE-4449-98A8-FE0EED51FB5A.jpeg A0459D13-C5FA-4462-B547-33BF62B2D38C.jpeg 3DAE0DC4-1F2D-4C2E-BE1B-D8C812A05BEC.jpeg

pazman6 and 3bolt79 like this.