Join Strat-Talk Today

TC Corona Stereo Chorus

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by Stratoman10, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Stratoman10

Stratoman10 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

20190119_224843.jpg I picked one up a couple of weeks ago for a stereo rig. There are the normal controls, speed, depth, level and tone. But the real fun is in the little 3 way toggle switch that controls the pedal configuration itself. Straight up is the normal chorus effect that we all know. The middle let's you access the tone print function that I don't bother with. The real interesting setting is the tri-chorus. Used on a stereo rig it makes the rig sound HUGE. The separation is amazing even at low volume. I liked it so much I bought one for each rig. If you like chorus you might want to look at these

2. The-Kid

The-Kid Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Nice gatta love chorus especially a goof Tri Chorus simulation.

Had an line6 mm4 and my favriote chorus aside from the the Dimension C mode was the Tri Chorus mode.

Really fat and thick. No other chorus tone like it.

Enjoy OP.

Stratoman10 likes this.
  3. Stratoman10

The tri chorus does lose a bit of the warbling, almost underwater effect that you expect from a chorus but that big huge sound more than makes up for it. My house sounds like a huge arena

Groovey and The-Kid like this.
  4. Electgumbo

Electgumbo Lost Planet Airman Strat-Talk Supporter

I’ve used one for years... Tough to beat pedal.

Groovey likes this.
  5. Stratoman10

I liked so much I bought two of them

Groovey likes this.
  6. Groovey

Groovey Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

I'm in. On my list for next month.

I like my TC's. I have a TC reverb Skysurfer. And a TC Tail Spin. Both intended for the Marshall DSL100H. But since I've gone stereo, they make an incredible blend with my DSL and my Vox AC15.

7. Electgumbo

@Stratoman10
    I used to have 2 of them also. But a buddy was looking for a used one so I let him have it.

8. Stratoman10

My other TC is the HoF2 reverb. I blend a Blackstar HT20 Studio with a Hughes and Kettner Tubemiester 36 in the living room. I did test out the new 20 watt Blackstar yesterday. Hopefully I'll have one in a couple months

The spare bedroom is two Blackstar Club 40s. The only drawback to a stereo setup is not being able to go back to single And I have a setup in two rooms

How do you power yours ? I did have some issues with noise and on one setup the amps kind of blended into each other. The Radial Tonebone took care of that If you do have any problems look into those

9. Stratoman10

I have two rigs in two rooms that I keep relatively alike so it was either get two or keep schlepping one around the house That wasnt going to work. Does this make me an old lazy hoarder ? :oops:

10. Electgumbo

@Stratoman10
    Yes I had one for the home board and one for the gig board. The home board got down sized to a tiny jam board that changes all the time. I don’t really use the Corona much any more. I’m more of a Vibe guy. On the gig board is a Drybell Vibe Machine and a Mini Vent for Leslie sounds.

I have some old H2O pedals cause I can get a delay and chorus in one pedal. I like those a lot too.

11. Stratoman10

I looked at the H2O but it was mono in, stereo out I like a Leslie sound when somebody else is making it. Coming out of me it isnt so pleasing

12. Groovey

I use the One Spot daisy chain. My RC1 looper is last. Providing the stereo out. No problems with noise.

13. Groovey

I love the DSL 100. Nice crunch/fuzz/OD (what ever you wanna call it.) But it doesn't have a tremelo. And for reverb..? It has an English reverb. The Sky Surfer gives me those surf tones. The Vox has a nice tremelo and reverb, but not the crunch of the Marshall. Set these two amps in stereo, and I have a very versatile palette of tone .

Stratoman10 likes this.
  14. Fender Fool

Fender Fool Strat-Talker

I've had one for a while now. I like it too. You can get a vibe-like sound out of it, nowhere near the throb of a real vibe.

I have the Dimension C in the tone print right now. Pretty versatile pedal.

Stratoman10 and Electgumbo like this.
  15. suncrush

suncrush Senior Stratmaster

Yup. Nice pedal. I have the Gravy, which is a Guitar Center-exclusive version. It has TriChorus and TonePrint, but replaces the basic Chorus with a Vibrato. I find it more useful for what I want out of the pedal.

Stratoman10 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.