Tele Forums?

Discussion in 'Telecaster/Esquire Forum' started by jbylake, Apr 5, 2021.

1. jbylake

jbylake Regular Dude Silver Member

I registered for TDPRI for an all Tele forum. It's been a while, and although I can log in, I still don't have permissions to post anywhere. I found this out while trying to post into the "new member" introductions.

Is it extremely hard to be a forum member there? I know I couldn't have done anything wrong, I can't even post yet. I've also tried the "contact us" link, explained my situation, but I've never heard anything back from "them" either.

Oh well, I guess if they're just being picky or whatever, that's o.k., I guess.

Just wondered if anyone else has had a problem joining the forum.

J.

s5tuart likes this.
  2. AxemanVR

AxemanVR I appreciate, therefore I am... Silver Member

`
    I've been a TDPRI member for 10 years and have not encountered any issues like this.

Maybe you can start a conversation with one the Moderators Buckocaster51 or TheGoodTexan who might be able to resolve your problem...

`

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    Deathray, Caddy, JP68 and 1 other person like this.
  3. PBO Blues

PBO Blues Strat-Talker

Admin activities may just be running a bit slow. I changed my email address there a couple of weeks ago and it took several days for the confirmation email needed to reactivate me arrived, despite my being told it was sent. Actually, now that I think about it, I never did receive it; my id just started working again.

Same thing happened here.

jbylake likes this.
  4. Handsome McClane

Handsome McClane Strat-O-Master Silver Member

Were you banned? I've been a regular there for about 8 years. Last fall I got my first ban (temporary for 2 months) when I posted something someone got bothered by. I remember trying to create a new account under a different name during the ban and I didn't have any permissions and the account wouldn't work, same as yours. I'm guessing they know what ISP address you're using.

That's how I ended up here. Now I post here more than TDPRI. Friendlier and less stuffy when it comes to political correctness.

5. fezz parka

fezz parka fezz parka

I got banned from there after a long tenure for telling it like it is. The former owner of all of these sites was...difficult. That vibe continues there.

It's in my rear view...and I'm better for it. There's plenty of folks here who know Telecasters. Really well. ;)

6. AxemanVR

`
    I was once chastised by the "big guy" TDPRI himself, during a heated debate - even though other (apparently more favored) members that were being just as enthusiastically determined to express their "passionate" points of view were allowed to continue.

I never got banned, but I let him know how I felt about being singled out in an obviously crowded room of blow-hards. That TDPRI character is apparently retired now. Can't say I miss him...

`

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  7. archetype

archetype Senior Stratmaster

Approximately when did you sign up at TDPRI?

After you log in and try to post in the Welcome Wagon forum, what *exact, word for word* error message do you get?

I've been a member there since 2005

jbylake likes this.
  8. jbylake

No, never been a member there. Like Fezz Parka said there's probably enough Tele guys here to just say heck with it. What puzzles me, is that googling for Tele Forums the only one is TDPRI. Again, I guess it's no big deal.

9. Heavyriff

Heavyriff Senior Stratmaster

What type of music do you like if you don't mind me asking?

jbylake likes this.
  10. jbylake

There's no place to post. When I scroll down, I get "you don't have permissions to post here". Hell, the more I read the less I have any motive to want to be a forum member there.:p

s5tuart likes this.
  11. archetype

archetype Senior Stratmaster

Then I guess you're fine with things as they are. Carry on.

TVvoodoo and jbylake like this.
  12. jbylake

Top of my list...
    Blues (all types)Blues rock (Robin Trower, Hendrix, etc..etc. Jhonny Winters....Jobplin) I could go on forever. Some country, especially during the "outlaw" period, David Allen Coe, etc. Have tickets to see Tab Benoit, but they rescheduled it for November.
    "Head" music, Zappa, Pink Floyd, Kraft Werks, Mike Oldefield"..Spirit..etc.

T Bone Slort likes this.
  13. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster

Yep, me too. I'm glad to hear that it wasn't just me that Paul Green got ****ty with! He was an...interesting character. :whistling:

Someone on here once described TDPRI as "The Wild West". I agree. I prefer it here.

14. Heavyriff

Heavyriff Senior Stratmaster

That's cool. I was just asking because I have been over there and it is my opinion that this forum is far more diverse. Both genre wise and multiple instrument wise. Which is not to say you can't find a Metal head on there but you will find far more here. But over there I have to admit they like both kinds of music, country and western. But I digress, just joking around. Its better here.

jbylake likes this.
  15. AxemanVR

`
    Well, to be fair, things aren't that much different here.

They have a lot of great knowledgeable people there too and for some things (like amplifier advice, etc) "their" experts can provide different points of views as "our" experts. So it is nice to go there for that.

Anyway, I wouldn't give up on them yet, but it's your call of course...

`

jbylake likes this.
  16. summer69

summer69 Strat-Talker

You did find the "Telecaster/Esquire Forum" :)
    I think there are many here who also hang out at tdpri, and the wisdom is in the users, not in the site as such. Had I a tele related question I would not hesitate to ask here.

17. Stonetone

Stonetone Senior Stratmaster

Meh, Plenty of Knowledgeable folks here no need to look elsewhere

T Bone Slort, jbylake and s5tuart like this.
  18. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster

I have had several Tele related queries answered very well on here. There's no need for TDPRI. ;)

19. dbb541

dbb541 Strat-Talker

Ive been on TDPRI for several years, had no issues joining at all. I also got the boot once for a couple weeks. I got in an argument with some irrational ding dong, one of those guys that tells you how dumb your opinion is when you didn't ask him. There's a real neat guy from Alaska who likes to get into little arguments with people about trivial things on there. He must be a regular or something because he never seems to get booted and basically bullies people, always needs to have the last word.
    The thing I don't like about TDPRI is the mods will just boot people and you kind of know what the rules are but kind of don't. It's not very clear. That said, it's their site, they can boot whoever they want.

Fuggle, jbylake and Stonetone like this.
  20. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Strat-O-Master

Oh yes, they are very exclusive there. We have the club jacket, annual conference, secret handshake, company cars, free popcorn on Fridays and custom gold plated teles for everyone. Gotta be careful about letting just anyone in.

archetype and jbylake like this.