Join Strat-Talk Today

Tele lover's Strat? Strat lover's Tele? Or...?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Zeekrider, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Zeekrider

Zeekrider Strat-Talker

There are a few on eBay & Reverb. I found mine on eBay. It was basically NOS (new old stock) and the price I could not resist.

The neck that comes on a Triple Tele is slightly beefy, and all maple, with vintage frets. It's a very nice neck if the specs suit your preferences. I swapped necks between my Nashville Tele (rosewood) and my Triple Tele... a better match up for me with maple on the blonde white Nashville and rosewood on the black Triple Tele.

2. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Senior Stratmaster

That Strat ! :eek::eek::eek:

Coolness x3

3. Zeekrider

Zeekrider Strat-Talker

Hey fbzz... thank you for stopping by and chiming in! Glad you like the gee-tar. :)

Funny thing, I think I may wind up playing it more than I play my "standard" Strats. :eek:

But it's ALL good.

4. Zeekrider

Zeekrider Strat-Talker

Strat Dude... I love this!

Yes, human sacrifice, dogs & cats living together, mass hysteria!

Can the Stratocaster world handle it without coming completely unglued??? :eek:

(I think so!)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    The Strat Dude likes this.
  5. Believer7713

Believer7713 Most Honored Senior Member Silver Member

Ummmmmm, WOW!
    giphy.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

6. The Strat Dude

The Strat Dude Sticker bushes and Posy rules! Strat-Talk Supporter

I am very not in the traditional camp, so I love it when fantastic experiments happen :D. To me all strats are partscasters and deserve to get the most from whatever the mad scientist can come up with;). We can talk about keeping the value of a bullet squire :rolleyes: or do what leo did, try new things. :thumb:

Zeekrider and Believer7713 like this.
  7. Zeekrider

Zeekrider Strat-Talker

I'm with you, Dude... I can understand keeping an all-original, truly vintage instrument intact, but other than that, I have no attachment to any particular Fender guitar configuration and I fully enjoy the wonderful modularity of Leo's great instruments. It's jut a HOOT!

I mix and match all parts on my Teles and Strats, purely to suit my personal taste and ideas - and love the resulting instruments! :)

The Strat Dude likes this.
  8. Zeekrider

Zeekrider Strat-Talker

Two Bootstrap Palo Duro bridge pickups arrived today. They're installed now and sound noticeably more "full-range", clearer, cleaner, and more articulate than the Fender CS Nocaster and CS Broadcaster pickups that they replaced. In fact, these pickups sound at least as good as any Tele Pickups I've ever heard. Wonderful upgrade!

One more step with this guitar, which will be replacing the Fender CS Nocaster bridge pickup (which has a very "middy" tonal character) with a more full range pickup, such as the Bootstrap "Original" bridge pickup.

The Bootstrap "Original" bridge pickup is essentially the same as the Palo Duro bridge pickup, except with A3 magnets instead of the A5s. I think the A3s are a better choice for the bridge position, and prefer A5s at the neck and middle.

9. Zeekrider

Zeekrider Strat-Talker

Sound samples with Bootstrap Palo Duro bridge pickups in both the NECK and MIDDLE positions. With A Fender CS Nocaster bridge pickup in the bridge position.

There are two sound samples here, one of single notes and the other is of open chords.

Pickup selections in this order:

1 - Palo Duro NECK only
    2 - Palo Duro NECK & Nocaster BRIDGE combined
    3 - Palo Duro MIDDLE position only
    4 - Palo Duro MIDDLE & Nocaster BRIDGE combined
    5 - Fender Nocaster BRIDGE only

There is definitely some "quack" to be heard in the combined pickup clips.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.