Tele Pickups

Stonetone

Most Honored Senior Member
Dec 17, 2019
Mean Streets
Howdy all hope ya all doing good :thumb:

So looking at some Telecasters and I noticed there are quite a few Tele pickups available :confused:
what would be optimal for blues rock type tones, like Led Zeppelin 1 or The Stones time waits for no one or cant you hear me knocking?
from what i gather the Custom Shop Texas Specials or the No Casters seem to be favorites
any users here have experience with either and some input?

Cheers
Stone

nickmsmith

Dr. Stratster
Jul 28, 2011
USA

So looking at some Telecasters and I noticed there are quite a few Tele pickups available :confused:
what would be optimal for blues rock type tones, like Led Zeppelin 1 or The Stones time waits for no one or cant you hear me knocking?
from what i gather the Custom Shop Texas Specials or the No Casters seem to be favorites

Cheers
Stone
My favorite is the Fender OV bridge pickup. It sounds like a Tele should sound. And it isn’t expensive.

even your generic stock Tele bridge pickup will sound acceptable, and worlds better than 99 percent of Strat bridge single coils. Just my opinion.

Sureshot33

Strat-Talker
Mar 16, 2018
MA
I have Fender Deluxe Drive in my one tele partscaster. I can get any sound out of them but I'm sure others will have more suggestions. I needed a decent set when building it and just rolled the dice.

El Gobernador

fezz parka
Apr 21, 2011
Nunyo, BZ

Cheers
Stone
OV 52's.

I'd say fezzter Oildales, but that dude stopped making them. Had a bad case of Gooberitis.

heltershelton

Vivamus libero Vivamus duris
Jun 5, 2013
Texas

Cheers
Stone
i have the quarter pounders in one tele, and they are good for anything. people either love them or hate them.....i love them.
in my other tele i have what used to be called "hot for tele" pickups.....i think now they are just called hot tele pickups. i think those might be what you are looking for.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...nTa6rnGw74gOdIc232waAmf9EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds