Terrible fake about to sell on eBay UK for a fortune

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by stratman323, Jun 16, 2016.

1. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster

This is one of the worst, most misleading, & most dishonest listings I have ever seen on eBay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201601498...T&clk_rvr_id=1046998054342&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

It's basically a bag of old parts thrown together - what it definitely isn't is a Superb Example of a 1998 Fender USA 62 Reissue Stratocaster. And yet, people have already bid this up to £700!! You can get a real AVRI for that sort of money, so some poor mug is going to get ripped off in a big way.

So if that bothers you (as it does me) there are three options.

1. Send a message to the seller on eBay telling him that his guitar is a fake & his listing is a disgrace, & that if he sells that guitar as described, he'll be committing fraud. If enough people tell him this, he might do something.

2. Report it to Fender (they have the right to demand that the listing is pulled). You can use [email protected] for their legal team in the US & also [email protected] since the item is in the UK. Fender don't seem to be taking action often these days - perhaps if enough people e.mail them about this one, they might drag themselves into action.

3. Report it to eBay as a counterfeit item. I know they are pretty useless & rarely do anything, but if enough of us report it, they may get the message. The REPORT button is half way down the page on the right hand side.

If enough of us do something, just maybe we'll avoid the NGD thread in a week where some poor mug comes on here to show off the "genuine US Fender" they just paid a grand for on eBay.

:mad:

2. quiggy2512

quiggy2512 Senior Stratmaster

That's the most dishonest listing I think I've ever saw!!! Reported to eBay and sent the seller a rather nasty email.

3. stratman323

The e.mail to Fender (addresses above) is more likely to get results than reporting it to eBay - if you can be bothered? I think it's worth it. Ta.

4. Deebs3

Deebs3 Senior Stratmaster

He says the body is "solid wood" so spose it could be worse... Like solid foam..

5. rafasounds

rafasounds Senior Stratmaster

That big pickup route is an unquestionable proof. Apart from the whole thing looking very ugly.

Topdude and stratman323 like this.
  6. quiggy2512

quiggy2512 Senior Stratmaster

Will do Stratman :thumb:

Topdude likes this.
  7. balston11

balston11 Senior Stratmaster

Despite feeling that it is hopeless I too will E-mail Fender

8. Pete McC

Pete McC Senior Stratmaster

Well he does admit to it's non originality in the description, stating that it does have a Warmoth Neck and Mighty Mite body and that it was built by someone else to a high spec. The only thing wrong with the ad is the headline stating that it's a 1998 Fender 62 reissue, It may be 1998 but that's where it stops. anyone who bids on this without reading the rest of the ad is the bigger fool, can't see ebay pulling it as he does go into detail in the description so he covers himself.

bloomz, Topdude, fenderkev and 2 others like this.
  9. stratman323

So the only thing wrong with the ad is that it describes the guitar as something that it most definitely isn't? That's quite a fundamental problem, isn't it?

10. Niall

Niall Strat-Talk Member

Ebay make me bloody laugh !! I bought a genuine pair of RayBans from a RayBan outlet here last Christmas. After my better half telling me for weeks they didnt suit me ,I decided to sell them on Ebay. After a day of being active they pulled the listing and sent me an email telling me not to sell counterfeit items ! lol ! Idiots !! They let guitars like this go but remove listings for genuine items ! Surely an email to Fender or Ebay should do something about this ??

11. stratman323

Have you sent one?

12. stratman323

The seller's reply to me:

Hello Stratman. Did you write this or did somebody write it for you because you obviously can't read. Have somebody read the whole listing to you, including the questions and answers, and i would be happy to accept your apology. Regards. Bob

13. CaseCandy

CaseCandy Senior Stratmaster

14. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon

I'd say the only thing on that guitar that might be Fender are the saddles, and I'm not convinced about that. TBH.

I'll read it for you Stratman. It says:

I Know I have a bag of wood from Warmoth and Mighty Mite. I know that it's not a genuine Fender, but I don't care. Go away.

E.mail fired at Fender.

Yves and Jhokur like this.
  15. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Dr. Stratster

yep. Nothing screams "1962 reissue Stratocaster" like Seymour Duncan humbuckers, and two string trees.

There's a sucker born every minute.

16. JABSolstice

JABSolstice Senior Stratmaster

I'll give him one thing, the neck sure is pretty.

But that has never been, nor will it be, a '62 reissue.

17. Kester

Kester Senior Stratmaster

This guitar was originally sold by Squealing Pig guitars on eBay. It was put together by them and mis-advertised by them in a similar manner. If you plughed through the text you could work out what it was, but it wasn't immediately clear. The same company have also featured on these pages when they slung together various Strat Plus bodies and necks, with brand new lace sensors and were advertising them as Strat Ultras. Again, if you waded through the text the truth was there but it wasn't clear. Of course, the problem is now that this Bob feller hasn't got a clue what he bought. It was up for sale from Squealing Pig at £1299. It sold for an offer less than that but I bet it was well over a grand. This company are regular eBay parasites, buying guitars on eBay, adding £500 and re-selling. They also do a line in their 'special creations', of which this is one. There are currently a couple of others on eBay at the mo. They recently sold a 'Clapton Strat' which had nothing at all to do with Clapton Strats (mex body, warmoth neck) for £1300, some sucker went for a real ride. If people know what they're buying and are daft enough to pay over the odds then let them I say. However, as Bob is proving this 'toeing a fine line' practise is going to cause problems for people who don't know their stuff.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    Boris Bubbanov, Yves and Thrup'ny Bit like this.
  18. Yves

Yves Most Honored Senior Member

Sent an email to ukqueries.

Textele likes this.
  19. Yves

Yves Most Honored Senior Member

"
    From Squealing Pig Guitars. It is a 1998 Fender USA 62 Reissue Stratocaster wi..."

Really that makes it a "Squealing Pig"not a Fender. Maybe a US squealing pig but not a Fender.
    No wonder the guy had to find some pups for it.

Textele likes this.
  20. CaseCandy

CaseCandy Senior Stratmaster

If somebody would ask him for the serial number to verify with Fender.....