TGIF!

Tone Deaf

Stratosaurus Magnificus
Platinum Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2009
New Jersey, USA
Another Friday
Another missed garbage pickup…
Bastards came at 9 AM this time, 10:30 last week. Usually come late afternoon.

Damn good thing it’s cold outside.

archetype

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Nov 26, 2016
Western NY, USA
We're spending this Friday prepping for our annual holiday gathering tomorrow evening. We invite frends who live on our road and some other folks over for the evening and gaze in wonder at the xmas lights of the folks on the other side of the road.

Shrimp, cheese, brioche slices, herbed oil, and crackers start things off. I'm baking two 3-pound beef tenderloins spread with a paste of coarse mustard, garlic, oregano, and olive oil. The baking smoothes the edge off the mustard taste and the result is fab. We're also roasting slim carrots and putting a big salad together, plus offering wine: 2 Bordeaux rouge, 2 Napa cabs, 2 Toscana reds, a Sancerre, and a Bordeaux blanc. Some good beer, too. The people who attend are cool and the conversations extend into the late hours.

Last year, we did this over Zoom, minus the food and drink. One of the Zoom attendees was a video cam pointed at the lit up house across the street.

Well, we're in the midst of an extreme wind storm, with trees down and the power out. Neighbors brought candles and flashlights, we did baking across the street on generator power, and I'm slicing beef tenderloin below a flashlight hung from a cabinet knob. Wine is poured and we're having an excellent time with candles everywhere. Different and fun!

Last edited:

archetype

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Nov 26, 2016
Western NY, USA
Well, we're in the midst of an extreme wind storm, with trees down and the power out. Neighbors brought candles and flashlights, we did baking across the street on generator power, and I'm slicing beef tenderloin below a flashlight hung from a cabinet knob. Wine is poured and we're having an excellent time with candles everywhere. Different and fun!

An *excellent* evening with fine friends who were flexible and wouldn't stand for not having a good time. Here are my beloved and some neighbors, the dining table spread, and beef tenderloin in near blackness.

1_sm.jpg
2_sm.jpg

3_sm.jpg
4_sm.jpg

5_sm.jpg