The Ableton Live Tread

Discussion in 'Home Recording Studio' started by Duotone, Feb 5, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Duotone

Duotone Senior Stratmaster

I think the magnificent Paul Davis has a video on looping with ableton. Though he uses the push controller. He also uses Clips, not the looper. Without something like the push it's hard to do these thing on the fly, when stacking loops (while live looping).

Here is a "snubbe" that goes thru the looper.

RobZ69 and Cerb like this.
  2. Cerb

Cerb Anti conformist reformist

Thanks! Yes, the video with Paul Davids is the one that got me thinking about this. I have a midi-controller.

3. Strat-Slinger

Strat-Slinger Senior Stratmaster

Thanks for sharing all these cool methods for looping on the thread... Yes, there is a lot of info on the net about Abelton...
    I've found this gentlemen's videos very informative. He doesn't get all geeky about it.. straight and simple... the best way to learn IMO... If you're gonna use something it's always good to get a broad perspective and understand the functions on all levels... then things star to "POP"..

Cerb and RobZ69 like this.
  4. Duotone

Duotone Senior Stratmaster

Push is actually a custom scripted HID controller made for Ableton, and does lots of function that is is not typical midi. That said, most of ableton functions can be midi-controlled by a regular controller. (I find Davids to be a bit vague on this in the movie...)

Anyways, there are many ways into loop performances with Live. You have to try a few and find what suits your style.

Cerb and RobZ69 like this.
  5. Cerb

Cerb Anti conformist reformist

I think Paul might have just recorded it with a couple of room mikes...