Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

The best I can do is share...music

Discussion in 'MyMusic Forum' started by amagras, Nov 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. amagras

amagras Strat-Talker

Oct 26, 2016
    Ontario
    My album is supposed to be officially released on January 2018 but what's the point of releasing music with all the bells and whistles if probably no one is going to listen? So here it is, free to listen and download until January for everybody who likes self-made jazz rock (more close to the 70s than the newest fusion I hope)

https://thewit.bandcamp.com/album/no

All this is the continuity of this thread where I asked for encouragement to share my music in this forum and talk about its making process:
    http://www.strat-talk.com/threads/should-i-share-about-my-album-in-the-forum.456026/

I will appreciate any comments and criticism,

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017

2. heltershelton

heltershelton ROCKIN FOREVER Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    i did a quick listen to about half of each song....and the ones that really caught my ear and that i liked the most were 'Esa luz' and 'Thor'.
    very good work!

amagras likes this.

3. amagras

amagras Strat-Talker

Oct 26, 2016
    Ontario
    I'm very honored helter! I'll also make a note to remind me of playing the solos in the first half of future songs, I think they are all at the end in this album.
    The first guitar you hear in Esa Luz is Omar Pitaluga, an iconic Cuban payer who is responsible in part for keep electric guitar and rock alive in Cuba in the 60s, he kindly agreed to play with me in this song proving his greatness.
    Thank you very much!

amstratnut and heltershelton like this.

4. heltershelton

heltershelton ROCKIN FOREVER Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    i will listen to the songs in their entirety....i just wanted to get a feel for each one first to see what caught my ear. dont change your music at all.

amagras likes this.

5. amagras

amagras Strat-Talker

Oct 26, 2016
    Ontario
    Thank you so much for taking the time! That last sentence means a lot especially after refusing for years to fall in the mainstream of superficial repetitive pop hits (I don't think I have the skills and patience to make it anyways). I'll be happy to chat and answer any questions about the process if you have any.

heltershelton likes this.

6. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    I listened to the whole thing. Very good work. I enjoyed a lot. The standout tracks to me were "Esa Luz", "Jagua", and "Waste my time". They were all good, but those 3 just really grabbed me.

Very nice production work on this project too. :thumb:

amagras likes this.

7. amagras

amagras Strat-Talker

Oct 26, 2016
    Ontario
    Thank you so much Ebidis! Waste my time and Esa Luz were written over 5 years ago for an album to showcase new Cuban singers in collaboration with Junior Alfonso, a gifted Cuban composer with which I enjoy working with, he created all the harmonies with the guitar and I wrote the arrangement for all the instruments, I get always particularly inspired and energetic with his chord changes, the melodies are a combined effort between both of us and my wife who wrote some lyrics, the album never got the attention we hoped and that's why we are reviving the songs as instrumentals. He plays the Holdsworth-inspired guitar solo at the end of Esa Luz, I only played the clean chord track with chorus.

Jagua is inspired in the Afro-Cuban works of my former band, Sintesis, I intended to bring one of their vocalist to make the vocal part but they couldn't make it because of the distance and the lack of internet in Cuba so I put the word out on Facebook and another friend, Luis Mario Ochoa jumped in without hesitation even though our musical styles are practically opposite and he did the amazing job you can hear in the track, no autotune, all single takes. In fact I found myself with the dilemma of having to decide between 6 amazingly flawless takes, I ended up using 2 of them and making his part twice as long.

I have no words to express my gratitude for the taking the time to listen Ebidis!

Ebidis likes this.

8. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    It is my pleasure. You make good music. :thumb:

amagras likes this.

9. amagras

amagras Strat-Talker

Oct 26, 2016
    Ontario
    I have no choice but to make music, people like you are the ones who turn it into something good!

Ebidis likes this.

10. amagras

amagras Strat-Talker

Oct 26, 2016
    Ontario
    I've made a quick video guide to show how to download the album for free in case someone is having trouble with the Bandcamp system. Thank you so much for the support and kind words, I've never had this kind of attention on my songs and I'm enjoying it beyond words. Thank you!!!

dogletnoir likes this.

11. dogletnoir

dogletnoir Most Honored Senior Member

Nov 1, 2013
    northeastern usa
    i'm really enjoying your music, Andrei.
    Listening to Me Es Sombrio Caracter Para Ellos right now...
    TY for sharing this stuff here!!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    amagras likes this.

12. amagras

amagras Strat-Talker

Oct 26, 2016
    Ontario
    I just saw the notification from Bandcamp!! I have no words to express you how much I appreciate a gesture like the one you just had with me and my music!

"Me Es Sombrío Carácter Para Ellos" was created after an electric piano track of improvised succession of major and minor chords in the key of C. The title doesn't mean anything even in Spanish but still suggests different ideas to me, the translation would be something like "it is, for them, somber character for me". I recorded half the song with a cheap m-audio USB interface and the second part with a more qualified one from Focusrite to prove that no one would hear the difference, at least I can't hear it myself and I know more or less where it's supposed to be.
    After the piano track was done I played the bass and guitar parts using as many sus4 chords as I could to be able to catch up with the minor-major changes, since sus chords don't have 3rd they are perfect for for this. I was thinking "what would Scott Henderson do here" when I was recording the solo.

Thank you so much for your support!!!

dogletnoir likes this.

13. Inverness

Inverness Senior Stratmaster

Dec 24, 2013
    Salt Lake City
    @amagras
    I listened to the whole thing at work today. Very awesome. Thank you for sharing.

amagras likes this.

14. amagras

amagras Strat-Talker

Oct 26, 2016
    Ontario
    Thank you very much for letting me know and for your kind words, it feels so nice to find a community where friends appreciate one's efforts and enjoy each other's music!
    This means a lot to me!

dogletnoir and Inverness like this.

15. Paperback Rocker

Paperback Rocker Nitro-mancer Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 18, 2014
    Victoria TX
    Fresh, very interesting sound. I can dig it. Good work. :)

Got a Steve Vai Flex-able vibe going on there a little bit on that song "No".

amagras likes this.

16. amagras

amagras Strat-Talker

Oct 26, 2016
    Ontario
    Thank you so much! There's no better word to start a conversation about music than "interesting", usually those go on for pleasant hours and I feel very honored you chose it to describe mine!

I suppose you mean the song Osho 12 or 360, Flexable is a masterpiece, in my opinion Vai has never surpassed his opera prima, he has done more mature songs but in Flexable you can breathe the freshness of a first timer combined with the Zappa influence (that was still so close) making it a timeless album that everyone should enjoy. Osho 12 is a song that imitates the repetition of looped music but every note was really played and every bar is slightly different from the other. I had the crazy luck of having the support of Cuban percussionist Amhed Mitchel who played the bongos and made those rhythmically challenging solos that turned the song into the first one of the album, he has my eternal gratitude.

Thank you so much for such a wonderful comment!

Paperback Rocker and dogletnoir like this.

17. Paperback Rocker

Paperback Rocker Nitro-mancer Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 18, 2014
    Victoria TX
    Oh I see, yes it was Osho!

I wish you all the best with your music. You've got a lot of talent.

amagras likes this.

18. amagras

amagras Strat-Talker

Oct 26, 2016
    Ontario
    Thank you very much, all I really have is time and many hours of listening to all kinds of music.

I uploaded one of the most moved songs of the album to YouTube, here it is:

19. chrimturn

chrimturn Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 14, 2013
    Cincinnati, Earth
    Great track @amagras

I like your style. Kind of a Jaco with Weather Report flavor. Nice playing. Real nice.

amagras likes this.

20. amagras

amagras Strat-Talker

Oct 26, 2016
    Ontario
    Weather Report is my favorite jazz rock band! I always wanted to play some kind of tribute to all the bass players they had so I made this to demo of a new reverb plugin I got and the track ended up in a full song I'm working on:

There must be thousands of other bands but none has the magic of the crew that Zawinul and Shorter put together, I feel very honored with your comment even though I'm conscious that there's still a lot of room for improvement in my music.

Thank you very much for your kind words!

chrimturn likes this.