The Definitive Sunburst Appreciation Thread of... Sunburst Stringed Instruments

sunburst_xxii

Strat-Talker
May 11, 2022
R86050
You are hereby cordially invited, to participate in what will become the largest visual collection of Sunburst-finished stringed instruments in the entire Universe… perhaps even ALL OF THE UNIVERSES!!! All Sunbursts are welcome here, regardless of shade - can be currently owned, or previously owned. Electric Guitars and Basses are encouraged, but all instruments are welcome. Stratocasters, Telecasters, Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Mustangs… Fenders, non-Fenders - Gibsons, Chibsons, Bentons and Donners - Pre-CBS / Post-CBS… Japanese Lawsuits, Japanese Imports… Czechoslovakian Imports... Chinese… Indonesian, Korean - North and South… 6-Strings / 7-Strings / 8-Strings / 12… any brand, non-brand, shape or style is welcome. P-Basses, J-Basses… X-Basses, Y-Basses. Acoustic Guitars of all shapes and sizes, Semi-Acoustics, Jazz Guitars… Hollowbodies, Semi-Hollowbodies… Classicals… Resonators… Lap Steels, Pedal Steels, Mandolins, Banjos… Ukuleles... - as long as they have strings, can make a sound, and are Sunburst - you are welcome and invited to contribute!

I will get the ball rolling, with a Willcutt True '62 Fender Strat:

STRAT.JPG

🙏

felis

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 27, 2013
Antwerp/Belgium
IMG-2590.jpg

IMG-20191119-091558.jpg

Caedarn

Strat-Talker
Feb 13, 2021
New England
This isn’t the best photo but this is my first Strat, a 2005 American Deluxe in 3TSB which I bought new and still have. I didn’t set out to get sunburst or maple fretboard, but when I saw it it just said ‘Strat’ to me. And it sounded great through the Marshall combo amp at the store. 49E8B410-42F6-4B0A-BD90-7F9CEB889B9F.jpeg