The house is burning down, which guitar do you save?

Stu78

Senior Stratmaster
Apr 20, 2019
Scotland
Well mabye not the house burning but......If you could only have just one guitar, which from your respective collections would it be and why?

Here's mine the only guitar I had for a while after separating from my ex wife and was homeless, 18 months sofa surfing. Didn't have much if anything but I had this. And if I lost it all again I'd still only have this!
Screenshot_20220312-163523_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

ThreeChordWonder

Senior Stratmaster
Dec 2, 2020
Cypress TX
I don't save any of them, but I claim for three custom shop Strats, five, no seven Custom shop teles, a genuine 1957 Les Paul,...

Old trick often pulled when visiting a nuclear power plant was to rub your elbow in some grease, thus setting off the radiation detectors when you left. The suit would be taken off you (you got a paper romper suit to go home in), and incinerated and encapsulated as low level nuclear waste. You then went out and bought an Amarni suit and turned the bill in with your expenses.

dante1963

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Apr 28, 2016
St. Louis
Okay, assuming my girlfriend and cat have already made it to safety, I would save the Firebird.

A. It’s my favorite guitar, and

B. Gibson has since totally ruined the model (and may or may not have discontinued it) so it would be a massive pain in the balls to replace it.

Butcher of Strats

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 28, 2022
Maine
I play Fender so my plan is to throw them out the windows.
Tube amps too, a few transformers might get ripped off chassis’ but better to fix a few than only have one.
As for my wife, she can carry ME out.