Join Strat-Talk Today

The MIM Standard Strat Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Bangbang, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Bangbang

Bangbang Senior Stratmaster

I use mine almost daily. I have Installed SD Everything Axe Pickups because I though....well....just because.LOL It has been my favorite guitar.

Fender Standard Strat MZ6208925 BangBang

2. Strat-O-Lady

Strat-O-Lady Former Member

Great thread, Bangbang :)

Proud owner of a 1995 MIM Standard Strat - sunburst with rosewood fretboard (all stock). MN5182700 :)

3. peskypesky

peskypesky -------

i'm so tempted to get a MIM. $400 for a new Fender Strat seems like a fine deal....but I have to resist GAS!!!!!!!!

4. BigNorm

BigNorm Senior Stratmaster

2007 Black standard Strat with maple fretboard. I just changed the pickups for Tonerider-city limit. Thats also my main guitar now. I also sanded out the whole neck to age it in look and also make it more glossy. I noted the serial number on the neck, place in the neck pocket, with an unerasable marker, because I install a new decal with the spaghetti logo that says made in USA and don't want nobody to get fooled by the decal if I ever sell it. (Not by me of course but in resale ). Anyway, I really don't have the intention to sell it. I also change the pickguard , the pickups covers and knobs for aged white.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  5. peskypesky

peskypesky -------

cmon guys and gals! where are the photos?

6. casternuts

casternuts Strat-Talk Member

Good evening, newbie here. Been hangin around the Telecaster forum for years, but decidied to spread myself thin. All i own are MIM's a '94 mim Waynes World, '92 mim Strat Special, 94 mim Standard Strat, and several mim Tele's. Love 'em. Good to be here.

7. TwoMartinMan

TwoMartinMan Strat-O-Master

My 2 MIM Fender Standard Stratocasters are a 2001 Black with maple fretboard and a 2006 Midnight Wine with maple fretboard. I dropped a set of Fender Hot Noiseless pups into the Black one for a slightly different tonal quality. Got them both for 2 c-notes each on Craigslist. Not so much as a single scratch on either one of them. Both guitars are fabulous. Photos will phollow.

8. tubetone1956

tubetone1956 Strat-O-Master

Here ya go Pesky.

I've had mine 2 weeks (first MIM), it's a nice player and sounds great with the AVRI 62's I dropped in yesterday along with the tort PG.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

fergyuk likes this.
  9. Boris Bubbanov

Boris Bubbanov Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Here's my 2006 Mexican Standard Strat:

[​IMG]

It is an FSR, no pickguard version with no volume knob in the way (no swells possible). In the picture it has Gotoh split shaft tuners and conversions retrofitted, a Callaham bridge plate and hardened bridge mount screws, and a Switchcraft jack (football style).
    Stock pickups, just like other 2006s.

Other mods like a big fatty hard V neck and a 3 brass saddle "bubba mod" have followed.

fergyuk likes this.
  10. Steve Mavronis

Steve Mavronis Strat-Talker

2004 Fender Standard Stratocaster Satin Midnight Blue (MIM) MZ4234959

It has a flat satin finish that changes color from blue to purple depending on the light. I took this picture with natural lighting from my living room window with no flash used:

[​IMG]

11. LeftyBlake

LeftyBlake Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

MZ1079672 Here. It's actually a 2001 neck on a 2007 body. Complete with Texas Specials and a little difference in wiring. I play this guitar more than any other guitar. It's always sitting next to my amp ready to go.

12. Universe777

Universe777 New Member!

Hi people !
    Glad to be here, I bought two MIM's at the Guitar Center in Mays Landing, NJ. The first has active electronics (like a boost where the mid tone control would be)...I don't know what model it is...but it is SWEET ! black finish, pearloid 'guard, maple neck, spaghetti logo, split post tuners....S/N MZ3054482...my fav of the the two...

The other is a standard, teal-like finish, pearloid 'guard, rosewood neck, S/N MZ1056371

13. BigNorm

BigNorm Senior Stratmaster

Your first one is probably a Deluxe Powerhouse. I think it's the only MIM that comes with active electronics.

14. TexBiker

TexBiker Strat-O-Master

My primary Strat is a '98 MIM Standard. However, I've replaced all the components, so I'm not sure if it qualifies anymore. Only the body and neck are original. Everything from the tuners to the strap pins is aftermarket.

15. TwoMartinMan

TwoMartinMan Strat-O-Master

Here's the photos.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

fergyuk likes this.
  16. peskypesky

peskypesky -------

awesome. and it kills me that you got them for $200 each. i never see them that low....

17. Universe777

Universe777 New Member!

Does this model have any collectible value or is it rare ?

18. Boris Bubbanov

Boris Bubbanov Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Not real common, but demand is next to non-existent. No collectible value - until someone realizes they've all been trashed and nary one exists any more.
    ;)

19. MildlyGuitarded

MildlyGuitarded Banned

Here's my two MIM's, my white 98 Hendrix project, and my 06 Polka Dot Buddy Guy. Absoloutly love both of em.

[​IMG]

20. e44crowe

e44crowe Strat-Talker

I have a 2008 MIM Standard Strat. Love this guitar. I did swap the stock ceramic pickups out for a set of GFS alnicos. This pup swap wasn't even necessary as the stock pups are pretty good... I just prefer alnico pups. I have a smoother sound with better performance on the in between positions now (IMO).

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.