Join Strat-Talk Today

The new BC Rich.

Discussion in 'Other Guitar Discussion' started by Elvis v, Dec 4, 2019.

1. jbylake

jbylake Regular Dude Strat-Talk Supporter

Is it an optical illusion, or are those frets huge?

2. Believer7713

Believer7713 The Modern Day Frankenstein Strat-Talk Supporter

Looks like a little bit of both. It does have massive frets but they look like what you would find on a nice Jackson...which is also what I like on my Strats too. When I refret my guitars I use the biggest fret wire I can get my hands on and they turn out very similar to that one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

3. Lone Woof

Lone Woof Senior Stratmaster

I think my snark was misunderstood.

Believer7713 likes this.
  4. 0utputXfmr

0utputXfmr Strat-Talk Member

The body shape doesn't look like any of their 1980's guitars that I know of (though I'm no expert), but looks like one of Bernie Rico Jr's shapes, and I definitely wanted one of his guitars! Unfortunately, his business seems to have gone belly-up, with some controversy, to boot. I'm glad BC Rich is giving this style a try, and I hope they resurrect more of the Bernie Rico Jr. patterns in the future.

Abalone binding has been a thing for a while-- Schecter & ESP have been doing it for more than a decade, and a whole bunch of acoustic guitar makers have been doing it, too. I'm not singling-out BC Rich when I say I'm not nuts about it, since I also haven't been nuts about it when any other manufacturer started doing it. In general, it's an industry trend I would very much like to see go away, never to return (that, and "aged" new instruments). Apparently, there are lots of people who disagree with me on that point, as the aforementioned examples have been selling quite well. I have no idea if there were Schecter or ESP fans who complained about the release of the Schecter Diamond Series, ESP's "LTD" series, or the new models contained therein, but if there were, they didn't make much of a dent. All that to say, it's entirely-possible these new models will attract enough new buyers to render the "BC Rich club" complaints effectively moot. Time, and sales, will tell, of course.

5. Dick Blackmore

Dick Blackmore Senior Stratmaster

Are they making this again? I want this.

[​IMG]

AngelDeVille likes this.
  6. Groovey

Groovey Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

That thing is crazy hot. I'd buy it and hang it on the wall just for inspiration.

7. mad axe man

mad axe man Senior Stratmaster

what size are those railroad tracks>>>those are bigs frets

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.