Join Strat-Talk Today

The 'Pick it Forward' thread

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Malikon, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Muzzlebreak

Muzzlebreak Senior Stratmaster

Jeez! 3 years is a long time.

2. Thorby Bislam

Thorby Bislam Strat-Talker

I'm last on the list. Gonna be even longer for me.

3. Stark

Stark Still an idiot Strat-Talk Supporter

We've got an American iteration going on now and you would be more than welcome to join. ;)

4. Rogue Bohemian

Rogue Bohemian what? WHAT????? Strat-Talk Supporter

We're even on our second lap around the country.

We're leasing a Brinks truck for the third lap.

5. Jakeblues

Jakeblues Strat-Talk Member

Just stumbled upon this! What an awesome idea, wish I could of been involved :(

6. Muzzlebreak

Actually, you probably don't. It was a very cool idea when Malikon came up with it. Four years ago it actually got started and seemed to be going fairly well until the picks got lost and whoever had them just kind of disappeared. I started this second set on their way and they've been "circulating" for about three years. IIRC, the picks have been lost and found again at least twice. Several times along the way members have drifted off while the picks were in their possession and the process stalled. Frankly, I don't understand what's so hard about keeping this thing going. You get the picks, play a couple songs with them and send them on. At most it should have taken, maybe, six months.

I check back here occasionally (very occasionally) to see if they're ready to complete the circle or, at least, if there's been any progress. The answer is almost always no. Timmert said on the previous page that there were only two people left. Thorby is, evidently, last on the list and he hasn't said anything here since Jan. 18 so, obviously, someone's dropped the ball again.

This is probably why nobody will lend musicians money. I wonder if a bunch of drummers would have fared any better? :p

7. Rogue Bohemian

These things require a certain level of insanity to drive them. Ours is bursting with insanity and it seems to be growing.

I suspect that there was a lack of insanity within the group of people in your Pick It attempts.

We're on our second lap of the country and about to begin our third when The Blob Of Picks reaches it's origin. And it's also gathering a lot of stuff not of the pick variety. There is artwork and other types of gear in it. And a lot of pretty special things have been gifted and received by individuals involved.

It has really taken on a life of it's own. We're only temporary custodians and benefactors with active roles.

8. blasphemoustrat

blasphemoustrat Most Honored Senior Member

I have this set...I haven't received any further instructions. Krab and mal are aware that I have them...

9. Rogue Bohemian

Hey man! Do you know what this means? You're the missing link!!!!!

You should cash in on this. I mean, how long have they been trying to find and/or prove the missing link?

You're famous!:D

10. charisjapan

charisjapan Strat-Talker

Hey RB,

Nah ... I think we had too much insanity/not enough reality ... to think we could send them around the world without any organization!!

So actually, the later PiFs learned from our efforts what NOT to do. Best not to dis failures that set the stage for success, but grant them a hearty "good show" and "thanks." ;)

Anyway, I'm sure we'll eventually get the present set back to Malikon ... maybe. :twisted:

11. Muzzlebreak

Since nobody else has chimed in... PM Thorby for his address. When Thorby is done, he can PM or email me. When I get 'em back I'll get in touch w/ Malikon.

12. Rogue Bohemian

I didn't dis anything. Unless you see something I don't. I made a joke. I think that's easy to see. It's also what I do. My MO. It should never come as a surprise that I make a joke.

I don't believe that we had a model we copied for our Blob of Picks. We're winging it.

And I believe that the insanity is a driving force with The Blob of Picks. Of course, that's just because I'm supplying most of it. The insanity, that is.:D

13. charisjapan

charisjapan Strat-Talker

Sorry RB, I was just making light of your joke, kind of a perspective thing, and not a judgment of your post. (I didn't think you were seriously putting this thread down ... it was easy to see ;) )

Be well!

14. charisjapan

charisjapan Strat-Talker

Make Your Own Snow-capped Mt. Fuji

Just a fun FYI, this company is celebrating Mount Fuji becoming a World Heritage Site by selling a commemorative pick. It's baby blue, but as you use it the white underneath shows, and (ideally) you create your own snow-capped Mt. Fuji. Only $6.50 each, a real bargain! :twisted:

:)oops: but I ordered a couple for my collection)

Click here: Make Your Own Snow-capped Mt. Fuji

Cheers!

Attached Files:

15. Rogue Bohemian

I love the words of encouragement printed on them.

I can't say anything about the price. I've paid over ten bucks for A pick.:rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.