The U.S. 'Pick it Forward' thread (new idea hatched)

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Namelyguitar, Sep 17, 2013.

1. ezrocks4u

ezrocks4u Senior Stratmaster

Found this in a black bag next to my driveway today-it almost snuck past my defenses. Fortunately it was captured without injury. Pictures! Tons of tape, was very difficult to open.... Much more stuff inside than I would have thought possible. I will most likely keep the medium V pick and glass slide from buffalo. Considering keeping a pack of strings and some pots, depends on what I throw in. One of the mouse picks.... The small black jim Dunlop pick "RNordvick"- will most likely keep the Seymour Duncan humbucker from his baggy, I would love to know a little about it before I try wiring it up though.... Lots of wires! Unsure of who put in the Swiss cheese pick, but I grabbed it.

image-617504694.jpg image-4087244663.jpg image-408486309.jpg

2. mmason23

mmason23 Senior Stratmaster

Oh look at that! I know what I will add, a pack of my special made Red White strings! Takes two Dr. String packs to make one set!

3. ezrocks4u

Who is RNordvick? Wanted to figure out what the Seymour Duncan humbucker is... 4 insulated wires, one un insulated. Looks like adjustable poles, some hex key or another should work. Seems pretty heavy, might be fulla wax?
    The back says Seymour Duncan pickups and "BJ" next to mounting bracket.
    image-742342047.jpg

image-717135619.jpg

4. ezrocks4u

Anyone planning to build anything like a 3 string cigar box guitar? I have three leftover generic tuners left over that I want to add, wanted to see if they would get used. Also: does anybody remember who added the Seymour humbucker? Sorry for the multiple posts, seems all the pick it forward people are MIA until late night. Edit: researched the pickup, it is apparently an "invader", a high output pickup. Perfect for what I have been playing. I also figured out what the "BJ" label meant, "bridge" and maricella juarez's last initial. Legend has it in the Seymour Duncan forums, she is the best pickup winder involved. The only thing I do not understand is the 5 wires...

5. ezrocks4u

Solved the mystery of the pickup wires, ordering a 3 way switch to wire in between pickup and 5 way, so I can select humbucker or singles.

6. mmason23

mmason23 Senior Stratmaster

Who's next? ;-)

7. ezrocks4u

it will be going to namely, so we will start the next cycle. We are rearranging the list after this supposedly, so really the only thing I know for sure is that namely is going to have it for a week or two. I will be sending it back out tomorrow or Thursday.

8. Namelyguitar

Namelyguitar Most Honored Senior Member

We've got a new member signed up for Round 3...Nicksmith.

You might have seen this ST member's threads in the classifieds-talk about a great guy. He's in my neighborhood (literally), and will be the second guy in Round 3.

9. Namelyguitar

Namelyguitar Most Honored Senior Member

Round 3 ***Preliminary Newsflash*** Round 3

A drawing will determine each state's order after Indiana. :mrgreen:

Example: Texas participants will receive The Blob and ship it to other Texas participants before it moves to a different state. We have multiple participants in Indiana, as well as California, and Texas. We also have participants in Missouri, Alabama, Georgia, and The Carolinas.

This will speed things a bit-compared with multiple trips from East coast to West coast, or vice versa, like Rounds 1 and 2.

We will get The Blob moving around Independence Day!

10. Rogue Bohemian

Rogue Bohemian what? WHAT?????

I just ordered some picks at the top of the hour this morning. I'll throw some in this round and see if anyone can figure out who it is.:twisted:

11. curtain_with

curtain_with Senior Stratmaster

Round 3! It's been awhile since the blob left my hands last. It was still an infant.

12. rnordvik

rnordvik Strat-Talk Member

That is a Seymour Duncan Invader that used to live in my Charvel Model 5FX until it was replaced by an EMG 89. I wouldn't remember the wiring for the life of me though... Enjoy :)

13. ezrocks4u

Well, found rnordvick! I am putting it into an aria strat, will be wiring it so that a three way will select coils, and the three way will run to the toggle switch. Thanks a bunch for the pickup, it will go with my current musical stylings excellently! Plus, it gives me an excuse to fire up my solder iron.... I enjoy that part :)

14. ezrocks4u

Alright, post office closed right before I got there today. Sending it out a day later than planned, but still made my goal of sending it out within a week of receiving it (blob arrived on last Friday, sending it out today, Friday.) the verdict of what I nabbed is the humbucker, 4 picks and a pot from buffaloes bag.
    I added my humble bag and a note of sorts, time for namely to kick off a new round!

15. Rogue Bohemian

I must be getting punchy in the early hours. That made me laugh out loud.:D

16. curtain_with

curtain_with Senior Stratmaster

I want some of that punch! Maybe you could add a sample to the blob next time it rolls through Texas.

17. Rogue Bohemian

I'll see what I can do.;)

18. rnordvik

rnordvik Strat-Talk Member

Btw, EZRocks, there's no 'C' in Nordvik :;):

19. ezrocks4u

What??? That explains why I was unable to pm you last week. LOL

20. mpgeorgia

mpgeorgia Strat-Talker

where is it going this time?