Join Strat-Talk Today

The Woodshed

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by rocks, Jan 11, 2009.

1. hendrixfan

hendrixfan Senior Stratmaster

i,m definately going to hit it hard i,m working on my legatto and sweep picking at the moment which is total rubbish like the rest of my playing lol,i,d love to be able to do 6-7 hrs a day in reality its more like 2 at the moment

2. bobthecanadian

bobthecanadian Strat-O-Master

I am going to work through a couple of Doug Seven's Sizzling Guitar Licks videos. I really like the kind of speed and chicken pickin' in country guitar. From what I have already learned it has made me a better player.

3. rocks

rocks Strat-O-Master

I'm back to not being able to play again. Something is wrong with my left hand I'm getting a lot of pain in the meat at the base of my thumb making it hard to play. I can't figure out what is causing it since it seems to happen at times when I'm not even doing anything with my left hand. Yesterday I was just walking from one room to the other, not carrying anything, just hands hanging down and the pain hit like someone ripped a muscle out of my hand. I think I'm going to need to see a doc.

4. patl

patl Strat-O-Master

Rocks, I hope you're able to heal up and play again soon. Good luck with the doctor.

5. rocks

rocks Strat-O-Master

Thanks, I have a bad feeling its another symptom from my nerve disease. If thats the case my guitar playing days could be greatly limited. I've got a call into the doc but he can't see me until next week and I've already told them I'm open to take any canceled appointments.

6. Diamond Jim

Diamond Jim Strat-O-Master

Rocks, hope they can fit you in soon.

hang in there, bro,

Jim

7. rocks

rocks Strat-O-Master

Well it seems to have gone away for now. I have no idea what caused it but I'm playing my bass like crazy with no problems.

8. rocks

rocks Strat-O-Master

Ok, I've been back in the shed for the last week now. I have auditions for bands and I also found a guitarist with about $40k worth of recording gear. This includes state of the art rack systems for guitar, vocals and bass. He also has about 30 assorted guitars, everything from early fenders to BC rich, parker, gibsons and more. I have been going over there during the day to jam, he is mostly into improve jams. In the evenings I've been doing 3-4 hour practices playing songs from the song lists of two bands I'm going to audition for. I'm averaging 7-9 hours of playing a day to increase my skill level. Anyone else doing this level of wood shedding to increase their skills?

9. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Strat-Talker

Not at that level - you are getting after it. Did go to the local watering hole for the open mic tonight. It was one of those less than rewarding experiences. Let just about everyone play my Tele. One guy from Nevada was really good. Fun night overall.

10. rocks

rocks Strat-O-Master

Hey Jackie, I'm hitting it hard because I haven't played bass since the early 80's. I am working hard to build up my finger picking, my finger strength and my endurance. I have auditions for a couple of bands coming up and I haven't gigged since 1983. I have never in my life not been picked after an audition, and I don't intend on starting now. I guess thats one of the many blessings from working at home, I have the time to practice as much as I want. I'll never go back to working a 9-5 job, making money online is so much nicer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.