Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

They really shouldn't be this high, should they?

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by danny_hashhand, Apr 11, 2017.

1. danny_hashhand

danny_hashhand Strat-Talk Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Princeton, NJ
    Hi all. Just picked up a used Squier Standard to put some classic 60s pickups in. I'm cleaning her up, and I look at the two-point trem, and wow that front edge sure looks jacked up to me. Shouldn't I tap in those studs to get the front of the bridge down? Thanks for your help! Image1491938849.401367.jpg

2. banjaxed

banjaxed Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Liverpool UK
    Never seen that before, maybe someone has been doing some work without the knowledge needed.
    AFAIK the inserts should be flush with the body. Others will be along shortly with their advice.

3. danny_hashhand

Feb 15, 2014
    Princeton, NJ
    I do believe I see evidence of what Dave from Dave's World of Fun Stuff calls "frolicking." Someone's copper shielded the pickup route (no complaint), but the wiring looks original to my amateur eye, which makes it easier for me to drop in these pickups. One day I might change out the tiny pots and the switch.

Thanks for your help. I think you're right.

T Bone Slort likes this.

4. banjaxed

Mar 14, 2014
    Liverpool UK
    Just had a look at my 2 point trem and it is definitely flush with the body.

QMTstrat likes this.

5. heltershelton

heltershelton ROCKIN FOREVER Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    i had the same thing happen on my 93 standard. i put some elmers wood glue on them and tapped them back down.

dbolt likes this.

6. danny_hashhand

Feb 15, 2014
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks! They're going to be flush; they might need some glue action too.

7. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter Vendor Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Stratford,Ontario
    I don't currently own a two-point, but I've sampled a few in the shop. Definitely agree I've never seen them protruding like that. Seems a simple fix, though.

8. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member

Careful pushing them back down. I could see bad things happening to the poly finish if you were too aggressive.

I'd gently tap them back down using a hammer and something blunt to tap against.

9. danny_hashhand

Feb 15, 2014
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks for the advice. I actually was able to push them back in with my thumb. Drizzled some glue on them first. Went well.

StillAlive&Well likes this.

10. danny_hashhand

Feb 15, 2014
    Princeton, NJ
    Well, I'm back from Oz, and I've almost finished working on Courtney. For those who care, here she is:
    Image1495207639.282588.jpg
    She has CV50s pickups (the 60s weren't so good), and upgraded pickguard, nut, and string trees. When I change the strings, she gets Tusq saddles. Really like the sound of her. She was some trouble, but it all worked out, and she's worth it.

1980 and T Bone Slort like this.

11. banjaxed

Mar 14, 2014
    Liverpool UK
    Glad you sorted things out, nice looking strat glad you think she's worth it :thumb: