Join Strat-Talk Today

Thinking of swapping my THR 10C for some flavor of Katana

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by Lefty96, Jun 20, 2017.

1. johnnymg

johnnymg Most Honored Senior Member

Oh man............... if you're going to be the ST Katanarmudgeon (Noun) then you're going to step up your game with better dissing! :p

2. billybuck

billybuck Strat-Talker

Lol! Yeah I wish I could diss it harder, but there's really not a whole lot to hate about the Katana. I've seen some venom for the amp in some other threads, and its fans believe it's blasphemy that there could be any harsh criticism for their much beloved Katana. I had one for about month and returned it happily. Not because it wasn't any good, but because it didn't really meet my needs, and I really just didn't like it. With that being said for me at the end of the day it's just a cheap, loud, relatively good sounding solid state amp, that does a lot things right for a lot of people. I'm just not one of them. Let the hate begin! Lol.

Rialas, ajb1965 and johnnymg like this.
  3. Rialas

Rialas Strat-Talker

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  4. Merglet

Merglet Strat-Talker

I love my Katana 100-2x12. Since it's part of a bedroom studio with a computer that's attached to a more than suitable set of speakers (could annoy neighbours with 'em) , it suits my purposes for practicing along to songs out loud. Since I also have a Pod HD500X, if I want to headphone it for stereo, I can skip the katana and use that for headphone learning. I'm not worried about online lessons or in my case, Rock Prodigy with the katana out loud, because I don't care how the original sounds, since I practice with a clean signal and stereo effects would just gum everything up. Mono is fine for that purpose. I would agree though that rev 2 should be stereo, at least with the twin speakers I have!

Rialas likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.