This will get the blood flowing!! Article on RRHOF

Stratafied

Dr. Stratster
Oct 29, 2019
North of South
I think the term "rock" is used to cover a very wide range of music. Our local rock station plays all kinds of stuff I, personally, would not call rock.
On the other hand, I also find references to all kinds of sub-genres (indie, prog, hair metal) that, back in the day, I would have just called 'rock'. At least, the records would have been in the 'rock' bins at the record store.
So maybe I'm just getting old...
I'll check out the article
Hey Andrea, this is not what I intended.

jwj1701

Strat-O-Master
Silver Member
Sep 4, 2012
Minneola Fl
Good answer
Not mine. I don't care about "fame". The RRHOF is about as relevant as a list of American Idol winners. They all achieved it.

This pretty much sums it up:

I think the Smithsonian's Rock and Soul Museum in Memphis is much more interesting and relevant to what made R&R great, because the focus is on the medium, not the "artists/personalities". JMO/YMMV

AntStrat

Dr. Stratster
May 6, 2019
US
Exactly... Jann Wenner is an idiot who allows anyone who's anyone, regardless of genre/talent into the RRHOF. Take a look at this incredible YouTube clip of Rush being announced back in 2013, and STILL TO THIS DAY, there has never been a band getting a standing ovation even before the name of the band was mentioned!

A testimate to just how important those 3 guys are. I still love watching that.

vid1900

Most Honored Senior Member
Nov 25, 2016
Yemen
Like they always say, if we stuck to the original definition of Rock and Roll, we would all only be listening to Bill Haley and the Comets

Exhead

Strat-Tinkerer
Jun 19, 2014
Temples of Syrinx
Always someone trying to bring someone else down. All we need is love.

monkey-funny-animals.gif

ButchA

Strat-Talker
Like they always say, if we stuck to the original definition of Rock and Roll, we would all only be listening to Bill Haley and the Comets

Not quite... Everyone knows Bill Haley, Buddy Holly, Elvis, etc... But it took "Four lads from Liverpool" to open the flood gates. Countless bands were heavily influenced by above mentioned Forefathers of Rock 'n Roll. The genre included blues, it got sped up a bit, and it also included (by accident) a torn speaker cone from an amp, which gave the impression of distortion.

Just my humble .02 cents. :cool:

AncientAx

Still hacking ....
Nov 24, 2010
Maryland
Honestly I’ve barely paid attention to the hall .
I always liked seeing people being recognized and honored. But when I realized a guy who is considered to be one the greatest singers in rock history , Bad.Co. Has sold over 40 million albums world wide . They packed arenas and stadiums , their songs still get massive airplay on classic rock stations isn’t in there i realized it isn’t the rnr hall of fame anymore .

tanta07

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 28, 2019
Colorado
I always liked seeing people being recognized and honored. But when I realized a guy who is considered to be one the greatest singers in rock history , Bad.Co. Has sold over 40 million albums world wide . They packed arenas and stadiums , their songs still get massive airplay on classic rock stations isn’t in there i realized it isn’t the rnr hall of fame anymore .

My wife is sick of me ranting about how Paul Rodgers is the most underrated rock singer in history. And then I start in about how the Kinks are the most underrated band ever, and then she tunes me out completely.

Strums

Strat-O-Master
Feb 27, 2014
Section 43
Just a thought...

If RRHOF was more like the baseball HOF, they'd have to boot out everyone who used illegal substances. :eek: