Tiger in a car accident .....

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by AncientAx, Feb 23, 2021.

1. ZlurkCorzDog

ZlurkCorzDog INMATE #7XX7XX7

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    Numbercruncher likes this.
  2. circles

circles Resident Pinball Enthusiast

Neither tigers nor cats should be driving cars!

5cc581e8c20c5a25751a08c9386e37fa.gif

3. Seamus OReally

Seamus OReally Mr. Serious Gold Supporting Member

4. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Dr. Stratster

Yeah, but Toonces never fell asleep driving, he was just really a poor driver.

5. 33db

33db Senior Stratmaster

Yeah he wasn't putting around in that car, he drove it right into the rough, plus I heard he yelled fore right before the dash of the over priced behemoth snapped his legs into pieces.

Oh well tough luck Tiger, you're going to look funny playing golf with crutches.

6. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Most Honored Senior Member

The bit about no evidence of impairment so no search warrant is pure malarkey.

CA has an implied consent law which allows the police to ask you to submit to testing under those circumstances. You can refuse to testing, and then they have to get a search warrant if they want to forcibly test you. But this is most often done if someone besides the suspect is injured. if you refuse, the law allows for automatic suspension of your license. this is the approach most often taken.

If it seems a lot like "guilty until proven innocent" it is. The justification is that driving is a privilege, not a right. And you can be required to demonstrate your fitness to exercise that privilege any time you are asked...aka...by using that privilege you have implied that you will consent to those terms.

7. Baelzebub

Why? He hits little balls with sticks in an environmental nightmare. It's not like he's on the verge of curing cancer. I'm not happy or sad either way.

Numbercruncher, cranky and Stratman84 like this.
  8. Baelzebub

Bone was sticking out of his leg. That's a what compound fracture means. Nasty.

9. Baelzebub

Yeah..he's probably signing an endorsement as we speak.

10. Baelzebub

Didn't strike me that way at all. There's nothing ghoulish about reserving your sympathies and/or compassion for those who experience tragedies not of their own creation.

You think if you rolled your vehicle Tiger would give a damn? Pretty sure that's a big no.

People are not entitled to sympathy or respect. They're earned or deserved due to circumstance. There's nothing in Tiger's circumstances which engender sympathy for the poster.

Stratman84 likes this.
  11. Black59

Black59 Strat-Talker

I hear ya. Just glad he's going to be okay, that's all

Baelzebub likes this.
  12. tanta07

tanta07 Strat-O-Master

Disagree.

Baelzebub likes this.
  13. Stratman84

Stratman84 Strat-Talker

circles likes this.
  14. Elvie

Elvie Strat-O-Master

When I read the thread title I was concerned...

...always a rare car and now practically impossible to find in original condition

15. Numbercruncher

Numbercruncher Senior Stratmaster

I think most states are the same with regard to implied consent. But given the trauma he did receive, and I still think they should have tested him for alcohol or drugs, he likely will not remember much of the accident and if he refused to take a breathalyzer he could claim in court he had no memory of being asked that and the jury might believe him. Given how common memory loss is in cases of severe injury, I would have no trouble believing someone did not remember being asked to take a test and refusing to do so. Now when the drunk driver is not injured but refuses to take the test because he know's he is guilty, then that is where the implied consent thing comes into play.

The odd thing is that skipping a test may help keep you from getting convicted with a DUI, you can still be convicted of homicide if you kill someone. They just cannot prove you were drunk at the time. So in this case, the drunk driver doesn't win as well as he thinks he will.

I have heard they may hack into the black box of his car to see how fast he was going. And yes, every car sold since 2014 has a black box. It only records the 20 seconds prior to an accident but that evidence is available. Some years ago a politician claimed he got into a wreck but was not speeding and was wearing his seatbelt. The black box indicated he was driving in excess of 100 mph and did not have his seat belt fastened. I am NOT a fan of big brother in my life but in the case where a person harms SOMEONE OTHER THAN THEMSELVES, there is too much temptation to lie to get out of trouble. In that instance, I support the black box.

Anyone who doubts he was at least speeding if not driving reckless is very ignorant.

NC

Baelzebub likes this.