Time to start drinking

Della Street

Mtrat-O-Saster
Platinum Supporting Member
Jan 9, 2022
USA
When everyone else is weird, it may be time for...
uuFFqiG.jpg
if you wanted false reassurances, you've dialed the wrong pony.

tap4154

Strat-Talker
Jan 20, 2014
Southern California
I had the extended family Thanksgiving last Sunday, and really enjoyed it. Today I'm on my own, and enjoy that too. Also got a bad cold 3 weeks ago, and stopped drinking while I was sucking down Dayquil/Nyquil, and haven't had a beer since. Haven't felt this good in a while! Think I'll continue it for a while. BTW, I wasn't day drinking, just beers at night.

Happy Thanksgiving, no matter how you celebrate! Also, AVOID politics. We didn't even bring it up.

nosmo

Senior Stratmaster
Dec 13, 2020
Tir-na Nog'th
Why is it that "idiot" and "brother-in-law" always seem to go together?

My fiance's B-I-L is an engineer of some flavor, and he's dumber than a mud fence.

Of course, then that makes me her sister's B-I-L, sort of. (Or would that be a Brother-Out-Law, since we aren't married?)

I had to stay sober today since I am at my man-cabin, playing lumberjack, and chainsaws and alcohol don't mix very well.

PonyB

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 3, 2020
above ground
Man, I’m lucky. Everybody still living in my family is really cool, and except for a couple of far-flung cousins and a prodigal brother, they all live within an hour of our house. We just came back from a fun day in San Francisco, where #1 Son treated us to another smashing Thanksgiving meal.
Also feeling lucky that my family is real tight.
My brother is on the opposite side of several current events but it never comes up.
My in-laws are awesome.

trapdoor2

Senior Stratmaster
Oct 25, 2017
South Carolina
I've learned to just "smile and wave."

My family died off early...so everybody at the table is an extension of Miz Diane's family. They're really not even a minor annoyance, though they have their quirks. BIL not in attendance...as T-Day was at his ex-wife's...

In two weeks, I have to spend a week with the BIL...who is a certified idiot...and his wife, who is worse. I'm sure they feel the same way about me.

I love alcohol but will not drink much. I'll take a banjo and just get lost in the plinkety-plink.